Forums Horror Collectibles
Paranormal/Haunted Locations

Talk about places that are haunted or posbly haunted here, i.e. Waverly Hills Sanitarium in Louisville Kentucky or The Stanley Hotel in Colorado. Do you live near a haunted place? We would love to hear where it is located and what stories you have heard that make it haunted....

Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Saturday 9/27/2008 at 08:58 PM | 19656
what a sweet thread. this summer i traveled the country and went to over 50 different abandoned places and state facilities to document them and film inde before they become no more. id have to say growing up in MASS that the Danvers State Hospital was one of the creepiest places i have ever been into. I have personally seen a lot of weird shit in there like shadows and doors close, i have some sound stuff on audio of what sounds like crying then another with nging. i have ventured into the hospital over 100 times before it was knocked down a few years back and turned into condos. here are a few pics.

thats just a quick few. i have over 56,000 pictures of just abandoned places. i have been archiving these nce 1996... any requests?
Swimming~In~Blood Saturday 12/20/2008 at 06:59 PM | 28881
Great pics...that place looks way creepy. I woulda loved to have gone there

kweandee Saturday 12/20/2008 at 10:28 PM | 28903
thats just a quick few. i have over 56,000 pictures of just abandoned places. i have been archiving these nce 1996... any requests?

DO you have any with a "ghost"??? Or something like this?

I'd love to see one!
LÜCKMANN Friday 12/26/2008 at 04:01 PM | 29424
Awesome pics! I have to say if anyone is ever in the NY area make a trip to Sleepy Hollow and walk through the old cemetary and then go through the woods at night. The woods start and run along parallel to the cemetary for about a mile. Theres such a HUGE atmospheric feeling and my friend and i definately have felt and seen some strange things in those woods. Im not one who tends to 'see" things that I WANT to see so when certain things went down i was flat out spooked.

In several photos we took there weird spheres and spectres would show up in the pics that were not vible to the naked eye.

Anyway Sleepy Hollow is a real cool place to see. Check out the cemetary and the woods or take a trip to Washington Irving's house and estate. Its great at Halloween time.
ny ghoul Saturday 12/27/2008 at 05:09 AM | 29486
Awesome places, everyone!

I don't live near anything like that around here.

Florida is pretty bare around these parts.But when I lived in Japan, our base (NAS Atsugi) was known to be haunted...according to the locals and a few sailors who had experiences.

There was this dead tree out by the flight line that couldn't be taken down, it was said that hundreds of years ago a woman took her life under that tree and her spirit will not let anyone near it.

Those who have come close have been struck by mysterious tragedy... so the local Japanese have asked the Americans to not disturb it.

Another haunted place on base was my particular barracks building...

Several people have spotted a ghostly apparition haunting the hallways and rooms.

At first I thought it was bullshit made up to scare the FNG's...

But all that changed the moment I saw it firsthand.

It was a black shape, as tall and built like a man...It was in my room staring at my stuff when I woke up and saw it..

I thought it was just a drunk guy in the wrong room, until I saw the light hit it's back and pass right through.

Needless to say I ran for the lights in a hurry, looking back as I did so... the figure rushed me but disappeared as soon as the lights came on.I still sleep with the covers over my head because of it... I've never forgotten about it... and I don't doubt the existence of ghosts anymore.

DarkArtist81 Sunday 12/28/2008 at 05:25 AM | 29636
we have several "haunted" areas round about where I live as well as where i went to college.

The first thing that comes to mind is the old plantation home about 5 miles down the road from my parents. This is a surviving plantation from the era of slavery and the civil war.

There are all kinds of weird occurences that have been documented there.

Growing up close to it, we spent many a weekend night trying to sneak onto the property only to get spooked and run away. There is also an old slave/servant graveyard on the property that we did manage to get into. We were not the first ones there, nce someone had cut a hole into the fence. We did not see anything of ghostly status, but the vibe was very very creepy. Some of you may have seen the plantation and the surrounding area in the film Dead Birds, which was filmed almost completely at the plantation and the surrounding grounds.

The history behind the plantation is that a widow from the civil war was left by herself in the house. She had no children. The only person left to care for her was one of her slaves. He was almost 7 ft tall and from most historical accounts, mentally challenged. He did everything for her, including protecting her from thieves, and ne'er do wells that came across the plantation.

In the middle of the slave graveyard is a masve flat topped tomb. This is where the widow's protector was buried. They said for years afterwards, you could hear him dancing up on top of the tombs.

Now, you have to force your way through about a half mile of swampy woods and underbrush to get to it.....like i said before...very creepy vibe to the place. In the past 20 years, new owners have come in and completely converted the plantation and several movies have been filmed there in recent years.

this plantation as well as the infamous crybaby bridge and several others i have been to can be found listed here...

href="http://theshadowlands.net/places/alabama.htm">http://theshadowlands.net/places/alabama.htm take care, Tommy
Homicidal9 Sunday 12/28/2008 at 08:04 PM | 29711