Forums Horror Movie Talk
School's Out Rocker Alice Cooper Talks About His Cameo In 'Dark Shadows'

With a career that has already spanned four decades, rock legend Alice Cooper

has turned to horror throughout his rock career to create some of the most outlandish yet disturbing imagery during his live performances as he rocked the stage. So it was certainly no surprise that the horror movie-lover, who appeared in the Nightmare On Elm Street film Freddy's Dead: The Final Nightmare as the abuve stepfather of Freddy Krueger was more the willing when he was asked to appear cameo-style in Tim Burton's new, Johnny Depp-starring movie Dark Shadows.

"We

had dinner one night in London, and we both knew every point of reference," Cooper recalls. "If he would say 'Suspiria,' I would say 'Dario Argento.' I see the humor in horror as much as Tim or Johnny does so we really do fit together."

He continues, "Barnabas Collins wakes up, comes back to life, comes back to Collinwood, where it's now 300 years later, and says, 'We must throw a ball.' And they get me, and it's Alice Cooper circa 1972. I do two songs, and of course Barnabas Collins is shocked by this Alice character and he doesn't even know I'm a guy. I think Johnny and Tim both wanted me in the part because if there was any acting, I could handle that. That would be an option if they did need me to handle any lines. They also had the idea that here is an icon who’s in the horror genre and 1972 was his year. That was the year when Alice was at his peak."

Cooper will plays himself in the big budget adaptation of the bizarre, supernatural soap opera, which opens May 11th.

Source: EW
Anonymous Thursday 5/03/2012 at 10:55 PM | 92884