Forums Horror Movie Talk
Jodelle Ferland: Budding Scream Queen?

The name Jodelle Ferland doesn’t ring many bells with the average film viewer. If you were to see her, there might be some inkling of familiarity to her face or voice, though there is little chance you would recognize her straight away. After a little while, however, horror viewers of both film and televion may soon begin to realize that they have witnessed 17-year-old Jodelle Ferland growing up right before their eyes. Not even reaching adulthood, the young actress has more than twenty horror and horror related film and televion credits to her name, leading some to wonder: is she growing up to be the next film scream queen?

http://sage-uncertain.net/storage/jod02.

Like horror film veteran (and noted HorrorBid favorite) Danielle Harris, Ferland began her career in horror very young, with roles in Wes Craven’s They, the made for televion production of Stephen King’s Carrie, and the sadly short-lived King-helmed supernatural series Kingdom Hospital, all before she reached even ten years of age.

Ferland is probably most recognizable in her Kingdom Hospital role. In the series, she played the central character of Mary Jensen, a young girl killed in the devastating mill fire that set into motion the bizarre and terrifying events that would later come to plague the hospital built on the same te. While the series featured the intersecting storylines of many different people and happenings, Ferland’s Mary played a pivotal role in tying the different episodes together into a ngle narrative.

http://sage-uncertain.net/storage/jod01.

Later film appearances include roles in Seed, The Tall Man with Jesca Biel, Case 39, and several SyFy channel fare films about increangly unlikely apocalypse scenarios. Most recently, Ferland can be seen in The Cabin in the Woods, still in theaters now. With pretty features and a knack for taking on roles as hollow-eyed waifs that may or may not be evil, there is a good chance that Ferland will be featuring in horror favorites for years to come.
dew Tuesday 5/22/2012 at 05:04 PM | 93195
Wow. I didn't even realize who it was until i saw the picture at the bottom.. She was the child in lent Hill! Plus she was in The Tall Man? i didn't even know that had been released. I need to get on that. That was one of my most anticipated movies and i fucking forgot about it. How did that happen?!

EDIT: Upon further review i realize The Tall Man HAS NOT been released yet... :gh: lol
AgnesItsMeBilly Friday 5/25/2012 at 01:34 AM | 93249
Not til September! The FB commenters are a bit miffed I left out lent Hill, it seems, lol
dew Friday 5/25/2012 at 02:03 AM | 93251