Forums Television
"The Exorcist" Set to Become a TV Series

Exciting news or not? You be the judge!

Nearly forty years after "The Exorcist" first hit theaters, "Martha Marcy May Marlene" director Sean Durkin has revealed that he's planning to turn the horror film into a ten-episode televion series.

Durkin's veron of "The Exorcist" follows the events leading up to the demonic posseson and the after-effects of how a family copes with it. The series will show the desperate family turning to the church after medical and psychiatric explanations fail. Father Damien Karras is then finally brought in to attempt the exorcism.

Roy Lee (The Departed, The Ring) is on board to produce and major networks are already expresng interest in the series, despite the face that it won't be officially shopped around for a few more weeks.

Source: NY Mag

Read more:

http://worstpreviews.com/headline.php?i ... z1vq74PLLY
Shakelford, J. Rusty Friday 5/25/2012 at 12:12 AM | 93236
First: I love the screen cap you used.

Second: I'm finding this very interesting but at the same time am curious as to how it would be pulled off. The subject matter is still a bit on the taboo de when it comes to mainstream televion; pretty much anything with a heavy Catholic influence gets them all in a huff. I would think it would only find a dedicated home on Showtime or another premium cable station.
dew Friday 5/25/2012 at 01:15 AM | 93245
Im all for this, i just hope ABC doesnt get a hold of it. Ive noticed by a recent post how ABC is a supernatural and horror series graveyard. But i think it could be friggin awesome. I highly doubt it will pull off the atmosphere and anticipation the original Exorcist did but one can only pray! And no doubt about it but im sure it will def bring controversy if it is even remotely close to the orginal! I hope this will be a good series tho
kizzle Friday 5/25/2012 at 10:01 PM | 93265