Forums Horror Movie Talk
Should Basket Case Ever Be Considered For A Remake??

While there are a lot of horror fans that are somewhat getting tired of remakes I feel that there are some film's which would benefit from a reboot - with 'Basket Case' being one of those films.

Who can ever forget the clasc 1982 horror/comedy film from director Frank Hentenryck which was filled with violent murders committed by Duane Bradley's twin brother Belial. I have to say Belial is without a doubt one of the creepiest looking characters that I have ever seen in a horror film. I believe that it would be in the best interest of horror fans for this film to get a reboot and see with the advancement in technology what the filmmakers today can do with it.

I for one am certainly curious, and pushing to see this clasc get the long-overdue remake treatment that it deserves. I have no idea who owns the rights to the film but im suspecting that it might still be in the hands of Frank Hentenryck. Whoever does own the rights should seriously conder to bring back Belial because I think a modern day retelling of this film might actually be better then the cheaply made original.

Please feel free to comment below and let everyone know what you think.
horrorlord Monday 5/28/2012 at 08:15 PM | 93314
Eventually, it may happen. The cheaply made original was actually ok and standard for it's time. I enjoyed it.

*SPOILER ALERT*What I like the best about this film is the story...and the mple fact that they did not show the monster right away. I could have done without the full nude scene of the dude running down the dewalk.

Another thing I liked is that when the back story was being told, the "brother" looked a lot younger even though he was bacally a mutation. There was good detail to it.We all know that the remakes are ruling the screen still. This may

join them...eventually.
aceofspades70 Tuesday 5/29/2012 at 02:08 AM | 93319
No.

I didn't name him after a fucking remake.
Airi Magdalene Tuesday 5/29/2012 at 02:23 AM | 93321
Hennenlotter (spelling?) movies are fuggin' clasc!

Have you guys seen Bad Biology yet? It bacally IS a Basketcase remake. If nothing else it is set in the Basketcase universe.
AgnesItsMeBilly Thursday 5/31/2012 at 09:22 PM | 93385
nope no more remakes dammit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Johnny Bisco Saturday 6/02/2012 at 09:37 PM | 93426
Hennenlotter (spelling?) movies are fuggin' clasc!

Have you guys seen Bad Biology yet? It bacally IS a Basketcase remake. If nothing else it is set in the Basketcase universe.

I have to disagree. I don't think Bad Biology could even really remotely be equated to a Basket Case remake. The plots weren't even the slightest bit milar. Same universe, maybe. Frank's mind makes a great fucking universe, though. I would say, if anything, certain elements of Bad Biology were vaguely milar to the lesser important subplot line of The Progeny, but certainly not the first film in the Basket Case franchise.
Airi Magdalene Wednesday 9/25/2013 at 12:41 PM | 102325