Ridley Scott's "Prometheus" has officially test screened in England and France
and the first reviews are coming out. Social networking comments show that in general fans the film, but the critics aren't as happy with the film as the fans are. No big surprise there.
Reviews seem to point out that "Prometheus" is a true "Alien" prequel, and doesn't just contain "Alien" DNA like Scott has been saying. The film is being touted as "intelligent sci-fi," but is not as tense as "Alien" and not as exciting as "Aliens."
"Prometheus" is set to hit US theaters on June 8th.
* WhatCulture: A thrilling sci-fi spectacle that should have series fans discusng it for years to come. (9/10)
* Empire: You'll leave with an empty feeling inde. (6/10)
* TotalFilm: "Prometheus" is very good. Ealy the saga’s most spectacular entry.
* The Guardian: It lacks the central killer punch of "Alien." (6/10)
* The Telegraph: Majestic to look at and full of tentacular mayhem. (8/10)
* THR: More imaginative boldness would have taken it further.
* MovieCityNews: The best film of the summer so far.
* The Sun: Breaths life back into intelligent sci-fi.
* ScreenDaily: Intelligent and visceral film-making.