Forums Horror Movie Talk
Should 'Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter' Be Rated PG-13 Or R? The Verdict Is In...

When it was first announced that Seth Grahame-Smith's novel Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter was going to be adapted for the big screen, I was initially on the fence and not really sure if director Timur Bekmambetov could pull it off. But as the trailers started rolling in, my confidence in the film began to grow... but like most horror flicks in today's days and age, I began to worry that all of the violence and excesve gore would get the usual toning down that I've being growing accustomed to seeing. Well, it looks as if my prayers have been answered as the MPAA has officially deemed the movie to be Rated R for "violence throughout and brief sexuality." Although this may hurt the overall box office draw, I for one am a great deal happier shelling out big bucks to see something good or bad that hasn't been so diluted that it's absolutely rubbish on all levels.

In the film, "the secret life of our greatest predent is explored, and the untold history that shaped our nation. As a young boy, Abraham Lincoln witnesses the shocking death of his mother, leading him on a path to an ongoing war - and ultimately to the predency - he chronicles in a hidden diary. The journal reveals the incredible story of a clandestine warrior who never stopped fighting for the country he led and the people he loved."

Benjamin Walker, Anthony Mackie, Rufus Sewell, Dominic Cooper, Mary Elizabeth Winstead, Jimmi mpson, Alan Tudyk, and Robin McLeavy all star in the Tim Burton produced flick.

Source: Box Office Mojo
Anonymous Sunday 6/10/2012 at 12:07 AM | 93564