Forums Off Topic
REAL LIFE HORROR: An Update on the Miami "Zombie Attack" Victim; How YOU Can Help

Towards the end of May, the story of a "zombie attack" in Miami became a media craze. If you're not familiar with it, you can read the original story HERE. Now, a couple of weeks later, there has been an update on the condition of the victim in this bizarre story.

Doctors have said that Ronald Poppo is awake & alert after the horrifying ordeal. His nose & left eye are gone. 50% of his face is misng as opposed to the originally reported 75%. Doctors are hopeful he will have vion in his right eye in the future, but it's too early to tell. Poppo also has a minor brain injury & 2 wounds that posbly game from police gunshots used to kill his assailant. Surpringly, Poppo also isn't taking any major medications; just antibiotics for a minor infection.

Despite all of this, it's reported that Poppo is remaining potive & upbeat. He likes discusng the Miami Heat & is hoping to go swimming again soon.

HOW YOU CAN HELP

A fund to asst Poppo has been established by the Jackson Memorial Fund. So far, $15,000 has been raised for him. Donations can be made through Neighbors 4 Neighbors by calling (305) 597-4404. You can also make a donation through the Jackson Memorial Foundation webte,

http://www.jmf.org. Click the “Take Action Now” tab, and then click on donations. Once you are on the donation page, select “other” in the contribution details section and input: Ronald Poppo.

You may also write a check to Jackson Memorial Foundation and include Mr. Poppo’s name in the memo portion. Checks can be mailed to:

Jackson Memorial Foundation Park Plaza East Suite G 901 N.W. 17th Street Miami, FL 33136

Original story & information can be found at http://miami.cbslocal.com/2012/06/12/doctors-reveal-causeway-cannibal-victim
CZW_CJBecker Tuesday 6/12/2012 at 08:49 PM | 93623
Thank you for posting this. Much as we have been horrified and poked fun at this story, I'm glad to see some still have a mind to help.
dew Tuesday 6/12/2012 at 08:50 PM | 93624
Thank you for posting this. Much as we have been horrified and poked fun at this story, I'm glad to see some still have a mind to help.

Agreed
aceofspades70 Tuesday 6/12/2012 at 08:57 PM | 93625
I am glad there is a place that we can help. I am actually suprised that his face has healed up this much. This guy is a fighter.
Shakelford, J. Rusty Tuesday 6/12/2012 at 09:29 PM | 93626
He sure is!

Well done poppo!!

Keep thinking potive!! Also glad less off his face was scofed.
cat Thursday 6/14/2012 at 03:09 PM | 93658