Forums Horror Movie Reviews
The Living Dead and the Dying Living: Dellamorte Dellamore/Cemetery Man (1994)

No answers are easy and to provide you with an explanation of the bizarre ending would not only (in my opinion) be near imposble, but would also be a great disservice to my readers. Part zombie film, part kill spree film, and part existential drama, Dellamorte Dellamore represents our greatest needs and our greatest fears. The imagery in the film is like nothing seen before and almost every scene is a perfectly framed masterpiece. There are layers of symbolism and undercurrent of moral and existential themes that play out in subtle ways. Who is Francesco Dellamorte? What is his purpose in life and death? What does "She" represent and who is really the superior intellect, Dellamorte or Gnaghi?

The popular Italian comic book, Dylan Dog grew out of this and a new film based on that comic is set for release starring Brandon Routh. I know it will be a sad comparison so I’m not looking forward to it.

In any case, it all starts with this film and I urge you to do yourself a favor, pour yourself some wine, get comfortable, and watch what is widely condered to be the last great Italian horror film.
sinful Celluloid Friday 6/15/2012 at 03:19 AM | 93677