Forums Horror Movie Talk
The Top 10 Most "UNDERRATED" Horror Movies!

The Top 10 Most "UNDERRATED" Horror Movies 1. Megan is Misng (2011): I have Joe and Tom to thank again for putting me onto this one. Actually thank is probably not the right word. The more appropriate term should be 'blame'.

Without a shadow of a doubt - this is the most fucked up and effective horror movie I have ever seen period. The fact it's a hardly seen film is shameful!

But be aware - It's not perfect. The set up for the film has some pretty bad acting in it from some of the small characters and it can move at a slow pace but once you get passed that, prepare yourselves.

This is disturbing as all hell. I am 25 years old and I have NEVER had a nightmare caused by a horror film... until this one. There is still one scene is particular that I haven't got out of my head and it probably never will go away.

Megan is Misng is a triumph of a film with an effective message to all parents and young teenagers. It should be seen but like I have stressed - it is not to be taken lightly, this is one hell of a horror romp and is the most underrated of them all!

What are some horror movies that you believe to be underrated?
joshk1986 Wednesday 6/20/2012 at 10:24 AM | 93749
I couldn't agree more with the incluon of Mouth of Madness Carpenters last great film, a masterpiece.

A couple of movies I feel are underrated are Clive Barkers Lord of Illuons (1995) Patrick (1978)
krsdacritter Wednesday 6/20/2012 at 05:02 PM | 93759
Great read and mad props for Jeepers Creepers making the list! We need more of these!
indygogo Wednesday 6/20/2012 at 11:15 PM | 93764
Love "In The Mouth of Madness", one of my all-time favorites.
dew Wednesday 6/20/2012 at 11:22 PM | 93765
Yep Lake Mungo definitely belongs on this list. Would anyone conder The Innkeepers underrated also or is it to soon?
Shakelford, J. Rusty Thursday 6/21/2012 at 12:16 AM | 93767
I'm glad you put Jeepers Creepers on there! I thought it was a fantastic movie, and the acting was very well done.

This movie isn't even out on DVD yet, but judging by the tons of mediocre to terrible reviews, I know the Chernobyl Diaries will always be underrated. Yet I believe it is one of the BEST horror movies of the decade, and it's one of my favourites of all time. I was so suprised by the reactions towards it.
A.Silent.Hill Thursday 6/21/2012 at 04:33 AM | 93784
To add one more thing, like someone pointed out in the Myers is a joke thread, Halloween 3 is VERY underrated!
indygogo Thursday 6/21/2012 at 07:38 AM | 93787
To add one more thing, like someone pointed out in the Myers is a joke thread, Halloween 3 is VERY underrated

SHIT! I can't believe I forgot Halloween III! Great film and very underrated!

Put that one down as a very honourable mention! :)
joshk1986 Thursday 6/21/2012 at 10:28 AM | 93789
Yep Lake Mungo definitely belongs on this list. Would anyone conder The Innkeepers underrated also or is it to soon?

The Innkeepers is one of the worst horror films ever made. There was nothing remotely scary about it. Annoying characters and constently predictable fake scares do not make a good horror film.
KMLandis66 Friday 6/22/2012 at 02:50 AM | 93822
Has anybody seen Seson 9 with David Caruso? definitely cheesy acting but I watched it in broad daylight and got seriously creeped out. And I saw Halloween 3 as a kid and that one scene with the kids head melting scared the crap out of me!
allycat2488 Saturday 6/23/2012 at 04:49 AM | 93853
Has anybody seen Seson 9 with David Caruso? definitely cheesy acting but I watched it in broad daylight and got seriously creeped out. And I saw Halloween 3 as a kid and that one scene with the kids head melting scared the crap out of me

Seson 9 is awesome. I rented it on a whim and had to buy it immediately after. It snuck in under the radar but it was brilliantly done, absolutely loved it.
dew Sunday 6/24/2012 at 12:20 AM | 93865
Great list, couldn't agree more with

"Peter Benchley's The Beast" "The Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Beginning" and "House on Haunted Hill"

Personally I think that Creature(2011) is an underrated film, by no means is it a masterpiece but I found it to be a pretty decent fun/cheesy B-movie which gets extra points for not ung a CGI monster.
mich13 Sunday 7/01/2012 at 01:57 AM | 94177
Great picks with Pin and Jeepers Creepers.
AgnesItsMeBilly Sunday 7/01/2012 at 04:40 PM | 94184
The Innkeepers is one of the worst horror films ever made. There was nothing remotely scary about it. Annoying characters and constently predictable fake scares do not make a good horror film.

Blasphemy. The final act was terrifying. The trick is being able to hold your attention through an hour or so of competent dialogue, void of anything that could be condered shock-value or instant gratification.
AgnesItsMeBilly Sunday 7/01/2012 at 04:44 PM | 94185

Blasphemy. The final act was terrifying. The trick is being able to hold your attention through an hour or so of competent dialogue, void of anything that could be condered shock-value or instant gratification.

Yeah I agree wotj you, especially dogging it here on this te. The Innkeepers is the shit and this te represents it well. You just have to be paying attention and watch it in the right setting. The movie is scary as shit!
Blades Sunday 7/01/2012 at 09:16 PM | 94193
Yes, TCM: The Beginning can be condered the most underrated film in the series, which I actually found to be quite decent (not to mention that "The Next Generation" is the most overrated in my opinion).

One that I would choose is 1987's "Slaughterhouse." For an 80s flick, it has a decent plot, better-than-average acting for its time and just a whole lot o' fun!
buried13 Saturday 7/07/2012 at 01:03 PM | 94468
To add one more thing, like someone pointed out in the Myers is a joke thread, Halloween 3 is VERY underrated

The Halloween series was never meant to be just about Michael Myers each film was supposed to be about something different but Michael Myers became so popular that well, you know.
shattered lens Wednesday 7/18/2012 at 11:17 PM | 94905