Forums Horror Movie Talk
Bloody Adored's "Tell it Like it is" About 'MANIAC'

I would like to direct this "Tell it Like it is" to one movie in particular that I recently sat down to watch called Maniac. After hearing so much great reviews and praises for the film, I expected seeing a great horror film, however; what I saw was far from what I was expecting.

The movie is about a man named, Frank Zito, who obviously has mental issues from the past which seems to come back to haunt him though out the film. Frank stalks women in the night, killing them, scalping them, and going home to put the women's hair from their scalps onto mannequin heads which he treats like they are living people.

Yes, the story line sounds very twisted and lovely but this film was more disappointment than anything. I felt the film was very slow going and not done well. The element of suspense in this film was overly used to the point where I was fast forwarding a little just to keep the movie going for me. Yes, the movie was made in 1980, but I've seen older movies which were scarier and more disturbing than Maniac. As much as I love psychotic killer horror movies, I honestly would not recommend this film to anyone. This movie is a snoozefest.
BloodyAdored Saturday 6/23/2012 at 09:49 PM | 93861
Not that I outright hated this flick or anything, but yeah I agree that it wasn't all as hyped up to be.
buried13 Sunday 6/24/2012 at 02:57 PM | 93889