Forums Horror Movie Talk
HorrorBid Turns 5 - Fan Driven Horror Led By The Bidite Nation!

Where do I even begin? HorrorBid was founded exactly 4 short years ago in 2007 by myself and my longtime friend Joel Fenner. It was our goal from the very beginning to create a fan friendly atmosphere that captures the feeling for the genre that we shared throughout the years. Growing up together Joel and I cut our teeth on films such as THE EVIL DEAD and just about every slasher movie we could find. That developed into a love of collecting that blossomed into an eBay buness that spread into what is now known as HorrorBid.

At the start we knew what we wanted to do but we hardly had the means to do it. We had so many great ideas about what kind of webte we wanted but we didn't know where to start. Over the years the te has blossomed from an auction te to a forum to a full fledge blogging te that reports on news and gosp from the smallest Indy films to the Blockbusters released by the major studios.

Change has happened so much here at HorrorBid one doesn't even really know where to start and officially say this is the direction we are going in. We tried various different paths in hopes to narrow ourselves down into our own separate space on the web. A te that was a bit different from the norm. Amazingly though every step of the process we just continued to grow and grow. Blowing away any and every goal we ever set. It has been an amazing ride and one that has led us to the te you see today.

Fan driven horror was a recent concept that we put in place last year. It was something that was born out of the urge to get more horror fans involved in talking about the genre they loved. Never before could you mply go onto a te, type out a cool story and get the attention you truly deserved. We had frequented so many forums and message boards that we knew what you, the fans, were capable of and it was because of this that the new system was born.

Lets just say we love what has happened. So many of you have become involved and have literally blown us away by the brilliant articles, stories, news, reviews and general pulse of the community that we can barely keep up. And in this trantion Brian "Bnizzle" Massey has nce become Vince Predent of HorrorBid, LLC and is literally the backbone of keeping things so fresh here on the te. I can't thank him enough for his hard work and dedication and all of his great ideas. Truly the man behind the proverbial mask if you will.

I want to personally thank each and everyone of you for being a member here on HorrorBid (Bidites as we call you). From all of our talented Headliners (you know who you are) to each of you that comment to stories all the way to those of you that may just vit us once a week. We literally can't thank you enough and we hope to bring you some of the best horror on the web in the future.

From all of us here at HorrorBid, keep rocking! We are just getting started....
Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Sunday 6/24/2012 at 01:56 AM | 93871
I'm glad to be a part of something that I truly enjoy, and to be able to keep so many of you Bidites informed as well as entertained - at times ( I try my best ). To think that I stumbled upon this great webte about 2 years ago -- as a fan, now I'm such a huge part of it -- which is a concept that I still haven't gotten used to.

All-in-all I'm still having a blast, and in the process of it all I've become very familiar with a lot of my fellow bloggers, as well as fans of the te, but it's my friendship with Justin "BooMan" Swarens that I treasure the most.

HERE'S TO THE FIRST 5 YEARS Let's hope that then next 5 are even better!!
Anonymous Sunday 6/24/2012 at 02:37 AM | 93874
So glad I found this te, even if I was a little late to the party.

A very fun and welcoming community - glad to be a part of it!
dew Sunday 6/24/2012 at 02:59 AM | 93876
mply the greatest group of horror fans on the net and one of the best tes imo. You guys capture the genre perfectly. I can't get enough of this place!
indygogo Sunday 6/24/2012 at 03:13 AM | 93877
check this te everyday. love some hbid!
Blades Sunday 6/24/2012 at 04:09 AM | 93879
This te was like the answer to my prayers almost exactly a year ago: a te where I could write reviews and random bullshit about my favorite horror movies and interact with the fans. I've loved it nce then, and will continue to love it until I get dispatched by a masked, escaped mental patient. Thank you to everyone for making my experiences here so enjoyable.
ObscureCinema101 Sunday 6/24/2012 at 04:18 AM | 93881
I've loved it nce then, and will continue to love it until I get dispatched by a masked, escaped mental patient.

I'll be with you shortly. *sharpens knives*

dew Sunday 6/24/2012 at 04:41 AM | 93882
No doubt the best horror webte I've ever been at. The people don't bitch and argue like every other te on this blasted internet. Congrats on 5 years and I'm a proud bidite!
JaneDoe Sunday 6/24/2012 at 06:24 AM | 93884
This te was like the answer to my prayers almost exactly a year ago: a te where I could write reviews and random bullshit about my favorite horror movies and interact with the fans. I've loved it nce then, and will continue to love it until I get dispatched by a masked, escaped mental patient. Thank you to everyone for making my experiences here so enjoyable.

btw, I've been misng some of your posts Cinema. You and Dew are two I have bookmarked to read here.
JaneDoe Sunday 6/24/2012 at 06:25 AM | 93885
Thanks to all of you for the kind words. Created this for fun, hope you guys enjoy!

Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Sunday 6/24/2012 at 06:34 AM | 93886
badass graphic booman.

and cheer on hitting 5 years. '

here is to many more!
BIGKen Sunday 6/24/2012 at 07:24 AM | 93887
Definitely a great webte and Justin and B are good guys! Really glad all your struggles were well worth it! You guys deserve it! Here's to another 5!
TheSkeletonCrew Monday 6/25/2012 at 12:52 AM | 93894
I luv this place so much, its always funny to read bnizzle's post, I luv the humor and the whole vibe of the te.
Disturbed_voices Monday 6/25/2012 at 12:55 AM | 93896
I've been stopping in on at this te for years. Congratulations on 5 years.
joelsparks Monday 6/25/2012 at 02:07 AM | 93897
In honor of you Joel!
Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Monday 6/25/2012 at 10:59 AM | 93904