Forums Horror Movie Reviews
Are Your Ready For Some Meat? THE MIDNIGHT MEAT TRAIN (2008) Review

Hello there Horror Fans!

Earlier this week I watched a movie called The Midnight Meat Train (2008) and now, I decided to make a review for it.

Before I start, I thought I'd express to you that this movie is underrated for originality and creativity.

The trailer:

The Midnight Meat Train is about a photographer named Leon (Bradley Cooper), from the "Big Apple", who is looking for a "big break" in his career of photography and ends up tracking down a "subway" serial killer named Mahogany (Vinnie Jones) and taking photos of him through suspicion. His suspiciousness will later take him down a road that nobody wants to take and surfaces secrets from the past that weren't supposed to be.

This movie is original and a mixture between Supernatural and Slasher, genre wise.

I love the setting and lighting of the movie, It brings a certain mysteriousness to the film and killer. Vinnie Jones was the perfect candidate to be Mahogany and played the role well. The great part about this movie is the fact that your predictions for the end of the film may not (or may) come true. The ending is shocking and exciting in an original way and the amount of gore is gnarly.

Id rate this movie 8 out of 10 for originality and for the amount of suspense.

Over all this is an excellent movie and I hope that there will be a second film. If you haven't seen Midnight Meat Train, you can watch it on Netflix or rent it from your local movie store, Its worth it!
Corpsegrinder Friday 6/29/2012 at 12:29 AM | 94077
I need feedback on my review! I like to keep it short and mple so that I don't give away to much information about the movie , but I still give you my opinion and leave you plenty of room for you to make your own judgement's on the film.
Corpsegrinder Friday 6/29/2012 at 12:48 AM | 94079
I totally LOVED this movie. Had actually read the story by Clive Barker a few years before they made the movie. I love the creepyness and you just can't go wrong with that giant ass shiny meat hammer!
SyndromeVoorhees1428 Friday 6/29/2012 at 05:51 AM | 94084
Seems like we have milar perceptions about this film. I, too, think the gritty subway setting is what really gives it that eerie impact.

Here's my take on the flick: viewtopic.php?f=255&t=15467
buried13 Saturday 6/30/2012 at 01:03 PM | 94164
Seems like we have milar perceptions about this film. I, too, think the gritty subway setting is what really gives it that eerie impact.

Here's my take on the flick: viewtopic.php?f=255&t=15467

Good review my friend!

The setting stays in my memory the most other than a couple of the epic kills and Mahogany's face... its got a pretty weird emotion to it... it makes it hard to understand what he's thinking/feeling. http://i1155.photobucket.com/albums/p542/IamCorpsegrinder/MidnightMeatTrain_04.jpg" class="photoborder" />

Corpsegrinder Saturday 6/30/2012 at 03:33 PM | 94167
Thanks man! And nice extra stills you threw in there too. There's just something about a meat packing plant that works so well in horror! :-)~
buried13 Thursday 7/05/2012 at 02:27 AM | 94381