Forums Off Topic
Why ebay is shooting itself in the foot

Hello everybody. first off we do sell from horrorbid

Earlier tonight we listed some of our H1 and H2 coveralls on ebay with the same format we've been doing for over a year and a half.

Our auctions contain mostly graphics, they always have.

Infact we just had a mask stand auction end thats been running on ebay for the past week.

That auction too was made up of mostly graphics and little type.

So our Coveralls auction was just pulled from ebay and here's the reason they e-mail us:

Dear lifezedegns_com(lifezedegns_com@yahoo.com),

You recently listed the following Fixed Price listing:

We recently removed the following listing:

140272664182 - MYERS H1 H2 COVERALLS FOR HALLOWEEN COSTUME not mask

The listing was removed because it violated the eBay Inappropriate Item Description policy. The violation occurred when you included the following information in your listing:

Description must be typed out and not in an image

Listing descriptions must reflect the item for sale and meet the eBay listing guidelines. If a listing does not follow our guidelines, we will remove it from the te. Please understand that this is to protect the eBay Community and the marketplace.

One more reason why HorrorBid needs to succeed.
lifesizedesigns Saturday 10/04/2008 at 03:23 AM | 20101
Yeah guys expect them to bacally pull every worthwhile auction and leave every fucking bottom feeder scumbags listings so people can be taken advantage of and never return to be taken advantage of again.

A one dollar sale 1,000,000.00 times is still 1,000,000.00 dollars in the bank. They have their head so far up their asses they don't even realize what the fuck they are doing anymore. We haven't listed anything on eGay yet and I will let our company die before I waste my time doing so! Fuck eBay! Fuck the piles of shit who run it. I am no way speaking for anyone else bedes our own company and if anyone has anything to say in defense of eBay just contact us. Only a pile of shit would support such a shit hole! I have purchased so many fucking things off eBay and after years I finally get a blue star. Why? Because people don't leave feedback for people who pay seconds after an auction closes! I am fed up with 50% of the shit heads that use eBay! I don't want to even mention people who list things in a description who later don't even know what the fuck they are talking about after you receive your product and it isn't what you were led to believe you were bidding on. For example this idiot sold me an h6 mask and said it wasn't an ssn mask and was straight from jcb. I get the mask and its an ssn mask I have been looking to buy for over a year! I tell the guy I didn't mind and I had been looking for that ssn mask and he then replies that he doesn't know what ssn is! it has ssn #18 on the inde of the mask and in the item description he said it wasn't an ssn mask and was straight from jcb.......lol........sure buddy!
quietonthesetstudios Saturday 10/04/2008 at 03:53 AM | 20102
LMAO...ebay definately does suck. After creating two accounts and ebay changing their passwords as they "Feel the acct was comprimised" I opted not to even bother anymore. I am NOT creating yet another acct just to buy movies....lol rediculos.

kweandee Saturday 10/04/2008 at 11:53 AM | 20105
LMAO...ebay definately does suck. After creating two accounts and ebay changing their passwords as they "Feel the acct was comprimised" I opted not to even bother anymore. I am NOT creating yet another acct just to buy movies....lol rediculos.

I hear you Des!

I think I was a little bitter in my first post so I will just say I dislike eBay and leave it at that. My day job has got me in a bad mood lately and its starting to carry over into my personal time and that isn't cool so if I offended anyone I apologize for being so bitter....lol. eBay will remain the same and probably get even worse but it will always remain.
quietonthesetstudios Saturday 10/04/2008 at 02:26 PM | 20112

I hear you Des!

I think I was a little bitter in my first post so I will just say I dislike eBay and leave it at that. My day job has got me in a bad mood lately and its starting to carry over into my personal time and that isn't cool so if I offended anyone I apologize for being so bitter....lol. eBay will remain the same and probably get even worse but it will always remain.

no Scott you summed it up pretty well. My feelings on this matter are eBay has gotten so big that they just don't care anymore. They are so far out of touch on what Joe everyday user wants that they go and change all these features that worked great for them in the past. With so many changes it really makes it frustrating. I can remember a day when eBay was just starting out. You couldn't even pay with PayPal back then, heck PayPal didn't even exist. A LOT has changed over the years that is for sure. These tes get so big that they forget about their users and at the end of the day that is who you should be trying to make happy. Not just adding new features so you look like your doing something constructive. It stinks!
Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Saturday 10/04/2008 at 03:54 PM | 20115

ebay!
oldskool Saturday 10/04/2008 at 07:56 PM | 20123
Yeah guys expect them to bacally pull every worthwhile auction and leave every fucking bottom feeder scumbags listings so people can be taken advantage of and never return to be taken advantage of again.

A one dollar sale 1,000,000.00 times is still 1,000,000.00 dollars in the bank. They have their head so far up their asses they don't even realize what the fuck they are doing anymore. We haven't listed anything on eGay yet and I will let our company die before I waste my time doing so! Fuck eBay! Fuck the piles of shit who run it. I am no way speaking for anyone else bedes our own company and if anyone has anything to say in defense of eBay just contact us. Only a pile of shit would support such a shit hole! I have purchased so many fucking things off eBay and after years I finally get a blue star. Why? Because people don't leave feedback for people who pay seconds after an auction closes! I am fed up with 50% of the shit heads that use eBay! I don't want to even mention people who list things in a description who later don't even know what the fuck they are talking about after you receive your product and it isn't what you were led to believe you were bidding on. For example this idiot sold me an h6 mask and said it wasn't an ssn mask and was straight from jcb. I get the mask and its an ssn mask I have been looking to buy for over a year! I tell the guy I didn't mind and I had been looking for that ssn mask and he then replies that he doesn't know what ssn is! it has ssn #18 on the inde of the mask and in the item description he said it wasn't an ssn mask and was straight from jcb.......lol........sure buddy

I put my own personal stamp of approval on everything you said!

pamelavoorheesRIP Saturday 10/04/2008 at 08:44 PM | 20126