Forums Horror Movie Talk
A New Image Of Sir Anthony Hopkins As Alfred Hitchcock Hits The Scene

Another image of r Anthony Hopklins in full makeup depicting Alfred Hitchcock

from the upcoming film Hitchcock has been released. And to me it appears that something is just a bit off. Anybody else agree?

Along with Academy Award winner Hopkins as Hitchcock, the film stars another Oscar winner, Dame Helen Mirren, as his wife, Alma. Sacha Gerva, whose big screen debut Anvil! The Story of Anvil won the 2010 Best Documentary Feature prize at the Independent Spirit Awards, directs from a screenplay by John McLaughlin, revions by Ryan Murphy, Stephen Rebello, and Sacha Gerva, based on the book Alfred Hitchcock and the Making of Psycho by Stephen Rebello.

Hitchcock is a love story about one of the most influential filmmakers of the last century, Alfred Hitchcock, and his wife and partner, Alma Reville. The film takes place during the making of Hitchcock’s seminal movie Psycho.

The film, which will be released worldwide by Fox Searchlight Pictures, also stars Scarlett Johansson as Janet Leigh, James D'Arcy as Anthony Perkins, Jesca Biel as Vera Miles, Michael Stuhlbarg as Lew Wasserman, Toni Collette as Hitchcock’s secretary, Peggy, Michael Wincott as Ed Gein, Kurtwood Smith as Geoffrey Shurlock, Richard Portnow as Barney Balaban, Ralph Macchio as Psycho screenwriter Joe Stefano, and Danny Huston as Whitfield Cook.

Source: DC
Anonymous Monday 7/23/2012 at 08:48 PM | 95022
I agree that Hopkins doesn't necessarily resemble Hitchcock but then again, who does?

Despite the appearance of the character, I have no doubt the portrayal will be excellent and that is what is most important.
Preston Eleven Tuesday 7/24/2012 at 12:09 AM | 95025