Forums Off Topic
"There's That Guy"...Pt. 4

Last time on..."There's that guy"...

1. Charles Cyphers - horror relation: "Halloween" "Halloween II" 2. Clu Gulager - horror relation: "Return of the Living Dead" 3. David Sherrill - horror relation: "The Wraith" 4. Clint Howard - horror relation: "Halloween 2007" 5. Rex Everhart - horror relation: "Friday the 13th"

Today we look at...

1. Robert ZDar

Who the hell is Robert ZDar? Well, he is the guy who can use his chin as a concrete block and bust your skull open. No seriously, Robert is cool. I met him at a convention once. He was a real nice guy.

Whats the horror connection? Two words...Maniac Cop, nuff said. Mr. ZDar has been at it nce the 80s and is still in motion. One other memorable scene for us all Im sure is his character in "Tango and Cash" as Face. The way he eyeballed Stallone and Russell would make their own mothers weep.

Congrats Mr. ZDar, you have earned a spot on our "that guy" list.

2. Brian Thompson

Who the hell is Brian Thompson? Well, this is the guy who has an entire head that looks like it was chiseled from a concrete block. Just kidding Mr. Thompson, I dont want flashbacks of your character in "Cobra". Awesome job by the way.

So wheres the horror connection? Flight of the Living Dead and Fright Night part II. Not a major horror realm, but this guy has also been at it nce the 80s and really stands out as a great character actor. I dont know about you guys, but I wouldnt want to meet him in a dark alley on a bad day, especially if he really has one of those awesome slayer knives from the Cobra film.

Congrats Mr. Thompson, you have made our "that guy" list, because we dont want to get sliced.

3. Philip Baker Hall

Who the hell is Philip Baker Hall? Well, this guy has been at it nce the year I was born. Holy Toledo.

What is the horror connection? He played Father Callaway in the 2005 "The Amityville Horror" and

Sheriff Al Chambers in the 1998 veron of "Psycho".

Other roles span from televion series to other feature films and he is apparently still rolling along in 2012.

Congrats Mr. Hall, you have made our "that guy" list.

4. Andrew Robinson

Who the hell is Andrew Robinson? Well, Robinson has been at it nce 1969 and has graced the screen with numerous characters over the years. He really stuck out as Detective Monte in the Stallone film "Cobra" while wanting to bring down the aforementioned Brian Thompson character Night Slasher with a more..."subtle solution". but thats just wasnt Cobrettis style, was it. Stallone proves this by smashing his jaw at the end of the film to show that there were "no hard feelings".

Is this the horror connection? No, of course not. But what is the horror connection is one of our favorite genre films "Hellraiser". Andrew plays Larry, and the rest is history. He also appeared as Sargeant Botnick in "Childs Play 3". Well done r and congrats, you have earned a spot on our "that guy" list.

5. Brion James

Who the hell is Brion James? Well, Mr. James gave us a hell of a run that started in 1974. Unfortunately he is no longer with us, but buddy, he played so many bad guys, it would still make Al Capone shit himself.

From televion to film, Brion played bad guys that we would never want to have to deal with in real life. He just didnt give a damn, he played it to the bone.

I personally recommend seeing his performances in "Steel Dawn" as Tark, "Tango and Cash" as Raquin with the aforementioned Robert ZDar and "Enemy Mine" as Stubbs.

Is this our horror connection? No. Brion was in the 1991 televion series "Tales from the Crypt" as Steve Dixon in the episode "Split Second". Good enough for me, because he was just a badass who played a badass.

Congrats Mr. James. You have definitely earned a spot on our "that guy" list. May you rest in peace.
aceofspades70 Saturday 7/28/2012 at 02:23 PM | 95133
Thank you Horror Bidites for your attention to the "There's That Guy" series.

Stay tuned for the fifth and final installment of..."There's That Guy"

...coming soon
aceofspades70 Sunday 7/29/2012 at 12:11 AM | 95138
Don't forget Brian Thompson was also Buffalo Bob (Joe Dirt), terrifying.
SuperSeanski Sunday 7/29/2012 at 01:05 AM | 95141
And didn't Brion Thompson play the psycho who goes after Lance Henriksen and his family in House III?
UberJason78 Monday 7/30/2012 at 09:39 AM | 95152
And didn't Brion Thompson play the psycho who goes after Lance Henriksen and his family in House III?

didn't see that listed anywhere on the credits...
aceofspades70 Monday 7/30/2012 at 10:52 AM | 95155
He was definitely in House III, also known as The Horror Show. I think he was most famous for his part in Blade Runner. He had a ton of genre credits. Tons of Sci-Fi, but if you just want to look at straight horror, he also was in an early 90's flick called The Dark, which is mostly notable for featuring

young Neve Campbell.
JediRob Monday 7/30/2012 at 06:33 PM | 95162
He was definitely in House III, also known as The Horror Show. I think he was most famous for his part in Blade Runner. He had a ton of genre credits. Tons of Sci-Fi, but if you just want to look at straight horror, he also was in an early 90's flick called The Dark, which is mostly notable for featuring

young Neve Campbell.

Interesting.
aceofspades70 Wednesday 8/01/2012 at 11:22 PM | 95239