Forums Trailers and Videos
It's Official! Blanc/Biehn Productions To Remake The Spanish Film Hidden in the Woods

A new email just arrived in my inbox from the head honcho himself, Justin Swarens, and I'm excited to be able to drop the deets on this one.

After premiering their new thriller The Victim on July 23rd to rave responses at the 2012 Fantaa International Film Festival, Blanc/Biehn Productions announced that they will be making the English language remake of Patrick Valladares' En Las Afueras de la Ciudad (Hidden in the Woods), which will premiere at Fantaa on August 6th. Michel Biehn will star in the remake, which will be written by the original writers and creators of the Spanish veron of the film which was shot in Chile by Patricio Valladares and Andrea Cavaletto. Jennifer Blanc-Biehn and Michael Biehn will produce. Production begins at the end of 2012 and will shoot on location in Chile.

“I am thrilled to be working with Patricio – I’ve been waiting a very long time for a project like this to cross my path” says Biehn.

"Patricio is a ferocious new talent, very much like a young Peckinpah in the rough, crossed with Gaspar Noé” says Mitch Davis, Co-Festival Director of the Fantaa International Film Festival. “His style of filmmaking is the very definition of 'explove', and I can't wait to see how his feature debut plays to an audience when we world premiere it at Fantaa next week. That Michael and Jennifer fell in love with Hidden in the Woods at the Fantaa IFF as madly as we have, before the film has ever had a public screening, is, to me, a hugely exciting testament to the power of his work. “

Mixing horror, action, and drama, Hidden in the Woods is inspired by true events.

Stay tuned for more, until then check out the trailer below.

http://youtu.be/uJ8jrtE2WGw

Hidden in the Woods tells the story of two sters who have been raised in isolation, subjected to the torment of their abuve, drug dealing father. When they finally decide to report him to the police, he kills the two officers and is put in jail. But things go from bad to worse when the girls must answer to their Uncle Costello, a psychotic drug kingpin, who shows up looking for his misng merchandise which is hidden in the woods.

Source: the 'Bid
Anonymous Tuesday 7/31/2012 at 02:21 AM | 95183