Forums Off Topic
"There's That Guy"...Pt. 5: HorrorBid Exposes The Genres Unsung Actors

Last time on..."There's that guy"...

1. Robert Z'Dar 2. Brian Thompson 3. Philip Baker Hall 4. Andrew Robinson 5. Brion James

and for the fifth and final installment of "There's that guy", we take a look at...

1. Bruce McGill

Who the hell is Bruce McGill? Well, he has a very familiar face that has appeared on numerous televion and film showings nce 1977. He has played good guys, bad guys, hell, hes played a slew of characters. They should call him, the chameleon actor.

Whats the horror connection? He played Luigi "Lou" Paloma in the Tales From the Crypt episode "The Trap". Thats good enough for me nce his face pops up in every damn show you see. Good work r and way to stay busy. Congrats Mr. McGill, you have earned a spot on our "that guy" list.

2. Daniel Stern

Who the hell is Daniel Stern? Well, he is probably best known for his quirky character roles in comedy films such as; City Slickers, Home Alone, etc.

So is there a horror connection and if so, what the hell is it? One word...

C.H.U.D. Yes,

he played A.J. "The Reverend" Shepherd in the 1984 horror sci-fi film Cannibalistic Humanoid Underground Dwellers. With a look like his and being in such a film, he qualifies for todays "that guy" list. Congrats Mr. Stern.

3. Clancy Brown

Who the hell is Clancy Brown? Well, if you dont know, you deserved to be yelled at with his lion roar of a voice and stared down with the Highlander look until your demise.

But really, Clancy has been kicking ass nce 1983 and still going strong. Hes another badass I just dont think I would want to run into in a dark alley, especially if he breaks out the Highlander sword.

So whats the horror connection? Pet Semetery II where he plays Sheriff Gus Gilbert. Yes indeed, the Clancinator has earned a spot on our final "that guy" list; mostly because I dont want to wind up like a headless immortal. Congrats Mr. Brown.

4. Tracey Walter

Who the hell is Tracey Walter? Well, this guy is unmistakeable when it comes to appearing on film/tv. He has been at it nce 1971 and is still at it. You know him as those odd characters that just stick out in the show.

So what is his horror connection? The 2010 remake of..."I Spit On Your Grave" as Earl.

Tracey has been playing many characters over the years and has earned a spot on our final "that guy" list. Congrats to Mr. Walter.

5. Larry Drake

Who the hell is Larry Drake? Well, Larrys horror connection is Bubba Ritter in one of our favorite 80s clasc horror films and perhaps one of the best scarecrow type films "Dark Night of the Scarecrow".

Yes, Larry has been at it nce 1971 where he also played a character named Bubba in "This Stuffll Kill Ya!"

With such a character in DNOTS, Larry has earned the final spot on our "that guy" list; mainly because I dont want to get stabbed with a pitchfork. Congrats Mr. Drake.

"Theres That Guy!"

1. Jack Starrett - Race with the Devil - 1975

2. Tom Noonan - House of the Devil - 2009

3. Peter Jason - They Live - 1988

4. George "Buck" Flower - They Live - 1988

5. Gene Dynarski - DUEL - 1971

6. James Cromwell - American Horror Story - televion

7. Geoffrey Lewis - The Devils Rejects - 2005

8. Marc Macaulay - My Bloody Valentine - 2009

9. William Ostrander - Christine - 1983

10. Brian Libby - lent Rage - 1982

11. Charles Cyphers - Halloween - 1978

12. Clu Gulager - Return of the Living Dead - 1985

13. David Sherrill - The Wraith - 1986

14. Clint Howard - The Wraith - 1986

15. Rex Everhart - Friday the 13th - 1980

16. Robert ZDar - Maniac Cop - 1988

17. Brian Thompson - Fright Night II - 1988

18. Philip Baker Hall - The Amityville Horror - 2005

19. Andrew Robinson - Hellraiser - 1987

20. Brion James - Tales from the Crypt - televion

21. Bruce McGill - Tales from the Crypt - televion

22. Daniel Stern - C.H.U.D. - 1984

23. Clancy Brown - Pet Semetary II - 1992

24. Tracey Walter - I Spit On Your Grave - 2010

25. Larry Drake - Dark Night of the Scarecrow - 1981
aceofspades70 Sunday 8/05/2012 at 09:37 PM | 95343
Great list!

I remember a lot of these guys.

I loved Clu Galagher in the movie shown above and in Nightmare on Elm Street 2.
Madloomis78 Monday 8/06/2012 at 05:16 AM | 95350