Forums Horror Movie Talk
HorrorBid Recognizes 10 Of Horror's Unheralded Creepiest Kids

With a vast influx of horror movies populating our genre, a lot of good movies get overlooked -- and so do it's anti-hero's (especially when they're just kids).

So we've decided to search high and low for these unsung tots in order to create a list to pay homage to these underrated creepy little bastards.

The Psychosomatic Offspring The Brood

Have you ever heard the phrase a picture is worth a thousand words? Well, whomever coined that phrase must have had this next group of kids in mind. Despite being asexual, color-blind, toothless and bereft of a navels, these creepy dwarf children were all birthed externally from the same sociopathic mother who personally sees to it that her brood is well protected. But be forewarned because if you make dear old mom upset, her loving brood will sense his displeasure and attack you like a pack of wild dogs, ripping you to shreds with there bare hands.

Mikey Mikey

Just like the freckle-faced kid in the cereal commercial, his name is also Mikey, however this "Mikey" isn't quite so nice. True he looks cute and innocent on the outde, which is why it's not hard for him to get adopted, but on the inde he's a time bomb waitng to explode. You're best chance at suvival is staying on this tyke's good de, because if you upset poor Mikey, you'll find out very quickly that your "life" is something that Mikey doesn't like at all.The Children The Village of the Damned

There's something about a clan of kids with pale white skin, platinum-white hair,and cobalt eyes that glow in different colours which absolutely leaves the hair on the back of my neck standing on end. Case in point those creepy kids with psychic abilities from the quiet coastal town of Midwich, California. Trust me when I say that I don't need no stupid tagline to remind me to, "Beware the Children," because these children will leave you in a world of hurt.

Gage Pet Semetary

Poor Gage, his life was tragically taken away when he wandered on the road and was hit dead-on by a high-speed trucker. Devasted by the loss, Gage's father, Louis Creed dedes to ignore old-man Jud's warning that "sometime dead is better," and instead buries Gage's body in the Indian burial ground beyond the Pet Semetary. As we all know too well, Gage indeed comes back, but as poor Jud and his mommy soon find out - Gage doesn't play too nicely.

The Children The Children

Not only are they completley sadistic but they're also homicidal as well. Unwilling to believe that their poor sweet "innocent" children are capable of such acts of violence, one by one we see both mothers and fathers fall victims as their sweet little angels turn on them in a not so pretty way. Who ever thought Christmas vactation could be this fun?

Brett OConnell Eden Lake

Romantic weekends can be so much fun. Escaping into a remote location, with the one you love can often result in a relaxing day filled with much adulation and sentiment, that is unless you plan on viting Eden Lake. Brett, the "Ring leader," of a group of teens likes to have fun, but usually at someone elses expense. However when the tables are turned on poor Brett and his trusty mutt, things rapidly unravel out of control, resulting in the death of his dog. This makes Brett very upset, and we quickly learn that whenever barbed wire, pocket knives and a tire full of petrol all come into play - chances are that all bets are off for a romantic getaway.

Santi The Devils Backbone

The only thing that's creepier than an dilapidated old orphanage is an dilapidated old orphanage that's inhabited by a freaky looking kid that just so happens to be a ghost. As we all come to learn one of the orphans named Santi was unfortunately at the wrong place at the wrong time - resulting in his untimely death, and the beginnings of some of my worst nightmares.

Gordy Belcher The Willies

Gordy Belcher has it all going for him, he's overweight, has a terrible lisp, and his hobby is catching flies and pulling off their wings. But when poor Gordy is giving a sample of Farmer Spivey's special manure, he learns an aged-old lesson rather quickly -- Paybacks are a bitch!!

Tomas The Orphanage

I'm not exactly sure which is creepier, being born with a deformed face, or wearing a eerie sack-like mask over you head to cover up your deformed face. Tomas, whilst living, was an outcast at the orphanage he reded. Accidentally killed by the other children, Tomas hid in the cave which was only accessable at low tide, resulting in his death by drowning. Forget about bad looks, poor Tomas suffered from bad luck.

Zombie Baby Dawn of the Dead remake

It's bad enough being born into a society filled with hate, greed and envy, but imagine entering the world in the backroom of a dingy shopping mall, moments after both of your parent were just shot to death - and to make matters worse you discover that you suffer from a fucked-up virus that turns you into a flesh-eating zombie that's anything but cute and cuddley! Talk about being dealt a shitty deck of cards.

Hopefully you'll agree with some of these selections. We'd love to see who you would add to this list of unheralded creepy kids.
Anonymous Saturday 8/25/2012 at 03:07 AM | 95784

Brian what a list! I am actually printing this off right now! Gage made the list.....I mean the kid gets hit by an oncoming semi-truck at like 80 MPH and barely has a scratch on his head! Pet Sematary for the WIN!!!
Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Saturday 8/25/2012 at 03:11 AM | 95785
This list was the product of me being very bored, slightly drunk and feeling very creative!! :)
Anonymous Saturday 8/25/2012 at 03:21 AM | 95789
Indeed Booman, Gage made the list.
Boisv Saturday 8/25/2012 at 03:49 AM | 95790
I always remember that scene when he cuts Herman Munsters achilles tendon. That bugged me for years
cauwel3 Saturday 8/25/2012 at 04:16 AM | 95792
I'd looked at a milar topic awhile back and hit some of the same points, Gage and Mikey

included!

One of the funniest, though, comes from a craptastic Lifetime made-for-tv 'horror' movie called Hush Little Baby, where an actual newborn infant is killing people. Normally I avoid anything from televion for idiots but the idea was so ridiculously stupid and so far beyond bad - even worse than Sharktopus - that I had to watch it.

I think they used the dancing baby that was so popular on the 'net in the day when they showed it walking, I kid you not.

I think the creepy kids from In the Mouth of Madness are often overlooked; hell, the film itself is far too often overlooked.

dew Saturday 8/25/2012 at 05:26 AM | 95795
This list was the product of me being very bored, slightly drunk and feeling very creative!! :)

That is how 99% of great stories get written B...

Loving the support to all of you for Gage and all great points Dew, also "In the Mouth of Madness" was so twisted, that movie had me bent 90 degrees when I came out of the theater as a teenager!
Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Saturday 8/25/2012 at 08:04 AM | 95801

That is how 99% of great stories get written B...

Loving the support to all of you for Gage and all great points Dew, also "In the Mouth of Madness" was so twisted, that movie had me bent 90 degrees when I came out of the theater as a teenager

Bnizzle had me hooked Justin with his opening line, "With a vast influx...."

Shakelford, J. Rusty Saturday 8/25/2012 at 08:19 AM | 95803
I can't get over how much the kid on the right in the picture of 'The Children' looks like the same kid in 'Paranormal Activity 4'. Could it be the same actor?
joshk1986 Saturday 8/25/2012 at 12:35 PM | 95806
I hate those kids from the brood they are horrible, bad mummy fucked up mummy lol, I'm not too fond of the kid(s) in the it's Alive trilogy nasty lil fuckers, but for me hands down is Gage with his playfull voice and spiteful temper. A great article
krsdacritter Saturday 8/25/2012 at 01:44 PM | 95807
Though, not from a horror movie, per se...

Madloomis78 Saturday 8/25/2012 at 02:43 PM | 95809
Tomas fucked my world up!
AgnesItsMeBilly Saturday 8/25/2012 at 05:34 PM | 95815
This list was the product of me being very bored, slightly drunk and feeling very creative!! :) I'll drink to that!
TheSkeletonCrew Sunday 8/26/2012 at 03:53 AM | 95827
Some of the best writers are the best drinkers...

“That's the problem with drinking, I thought, as I poured myself a drink. If something bad happens you drink in an attempt to forget; if something good happens you drink in order to celebrate; and if nothing happens you drink to make something happen.” -- Charles Bukowski
Madloomis78 Sunday 8/26/2012 at 04:18 AM | 95828
I like the list...Mikey was a great movie too...love to see that one again someday. I'd like to add to this list Peter Barker..the creepiest looking kid without make-up who plays Michael in the Italian zombie flick La Notti Del Terrore- ( Nights of Terror)..bedes his hideous looks he also plays incestuous things in that movie and at the end bites off a piece of his mother's breast. Also I'd like to ad Samara Morgan, the little white girl who drowned in the well of her parentsd in The Ring. Don't wanna see her coming at me through the televion. And finally i want to ad Isaac Cronan to this list..he is the preacher boy from the original Children of the Corn and well played by John Franklin ( Ok he wasn't really a kid at that time, but played him very well)

Thanx for the list..I like those things;-)
UberJason78 Sunday 8/26/2012 at 01:11 PM | 95831