Forums Horror Movie Reviews
The Possession 2012 review

This is my review of The Posseson...

Okay so to start out…I had high hopes for this movie. The trailer was proming, it looked like it was going to be chilling…and I was excited Sam Raimi was attached!

Let me also say this is the SECOND time Raimi has disappointed me, his last entry in the horror genre (Drag Me To Hell) was a HUGE disappointment for me! Sadly I found that it was so hilarious I was cackling through the entire movie -.- NOT the experience I was hoping for!! But I figured I would give him another chance with another proming film…

To start out, this movie was quiet boring. Nothing startling or scary happened the first (what felt like) hour of the movie. Once it did begin to attempt to be scary it was a very predictable movie…focused more on the parents divorce and how they were effected by that rather than the posseson itself.

As much as I wanted the hairs to stand up, my spine to tingle, my eyes to water, to jump out of my seat….I didn’t -.- if they had taken the time to dwell on certain things, or enhance them a little more (like the moment she says “She is still hungry” while in the diner) it could have been a little more disturbing. Yet behind the great acting by the little girl, I was left wanting more.

They had some GREAT scenes with potential but once they began they fell into a predictable hole, along with being bored and disappointed the first hour the ending was not enough to satisfy my horror craving.

Also, when she actually became fully ‘possessed’ she looked more like a ghost, or vampire, when I think posseson I think a realistic evil. Not mouth expanding, face altering crap.

Overall the movie felt very safe,

nothing that was shocking, once the incidents began to happen they weren’t scary in the slightest way.

Sadly the trailer to this movie was scarier than the actual film, and every good part in this movie was shown in the trailer. So once they happened it wasn’t very interesting to watch.

So as for horror this year, this movie was a HUGE disappointment to me!! Lets hope lent Hill and Paranormal Activity help out a bit to get this bad taste out of my mouth!!
JohnCorley92 Sunday 9/02/2012 at 04:47 AM | 96009
I'm pretty sure Drag Me to

Hell was supposed to be funny...i mean he did direct evil dead 2 and army of darkness...
GoryHeadStump Sunday 9/02/2012 at 01:45 PM | 96020
I'm pretty sure Drag Me to

Hell was supposed to be funny...i mean he did direct evil dead 2 and army of darkness...

Thats fine, but when you advertise a movie as a "scary" horror movie most people are going to expect to be scared.

So when you see trailers about how scary and terrifying a movie is and you laugh your ass off...it becomes a little disappointing LoL

How would you feel if you went to see Indious and it was a funny movie??
JohnCorley92 Sunday 9/02/2012 at 07:20 PM | 96029
Yea this movie sucked, I totally agree with every ngle point you made. I've come to the concluon Sam Raimi can not make horror movies (or at least anything that is actually frightening), and I will only watch them when they come out for free. I almost fell asleep on several occaons and when something did happen it was so predictable.

The trailer was the best part of this movie, because it literally showed every thing that was supposed to frighten you in it. This was just a cheap scare tactics movie for people who are not seasoned with horror films. It would have been totally different if they had not advertised this as such a horrifying movie.

Sadly this movie was a disappointment.
haloboyvash Tuesday 9/04/2012 at 10:32 AM | 96060
Yea this movie sucked, I totally agree with every ngle point you made. I've come to the concluon Sam Raimi can not make horror movies (or at least anything that is actually frightening), and I will only watch them when they come out for free. I almost fell asleep on several occaons and when something did happen it was so predictable.The trailer was the best part of this movie, because it literally showed every thing that was supposed to frighten you in it. This was just a cheap scare tactics movie for people who are not seasoned with horror films. It would have been totally different if they had not advertised this as such a horrifying movie.

Sadly this movie was a disappointment.

I couldn't agree with you more!! It's nice to see someone feels the same way!! He shouldn't make horror movies that are supposed to be scary!! And they shouldn't advertise them as terrifying films!!
JohnCorley92 Tuesday 9/04/2012 at 06:22 PM | 96069
I just watched The Posseon last night and to be honest there is a lot of this genre floating about at the moment so wasn't expecting to much.....but i was was really surprised how good it really was.

Watch The Closer TVS Season online with hd quality @ tvs-the-closer.com
tangobit4 Wednesday 9/12/2012 at 04:25 AM | 96274
I just watched The Posseon last night and to be honest there is a lot of this genre floating about at the moment so wasn't expecting to much.....but i was was really surprised how good it really was.

I think because i had expectations it didnt do anything for me, but to be fair when stuff did happen it was just boring to me =/ It was more about a husband and daughter dealing with a divorce than anything else...i was never in any suspense, i was never creeped out, i didnt jump...it was just a boring movie for me
JohnCorley92 Wednesday 9/12/2012 at 02:17 PM | 96280
I loved the Posseson myself.It was a really great horror movie.I thought the spirit coming out of the box to possess the little girl was interesting.Jeffrey Dean Morgan's performance was excellent as always.I also thought the ending was really good.It was well worth the 15 dollars i paid for the dvd.
horrorlord Saturday 1/19/2013 at 04:30 AM | 99740