Forums Horror Movie Talk
Take A Look At Sir Anthony Hopkins In New One-Sheet For 'Hitchcock'

The brain-child of Stephen Rebello is just a few months away from receiving a limited theatrical run, and to help spark up some fresh interest for the upcoming film a brand new one-sheet has arrived on the scene featuring r Anthony Hopkins as the legendary Alfred Hitchcock.

Billed as “a love story about one of the most influential filmmakers of the last century, Alfred Hitchcock and his wife and partner Alma Reville,” Hitchcock is based on Robello's non-fiction book Alfred Hitchcock and the Making of Psycho, which tracks how Hitchcock, at the height of his game as a director, decided to make a “lowly” horror movie. No studio wanted to touch it initially, so Hitchcock scrounged for financing by himself. The movie, of course, became one of his biggest hits and one of the most influential of all time.

In the big screen adaption directed by Sacha Gerva, Anthony Hopkins plays Hitchcock, and Helen Mirren stars as his wife. Scarlett Johansson, Danny Huston, Toni Collette, Jesca Biel, Michael Stuhlbarg, James D’Arcy, Michael Wincott, Richard Portnow and Kurtwood Smith also star.

Look for Hitchcock to be released by Fox Searchlight Pictures on November 23rd.

Source; the 'Bid
Anonymous Thursday 9/20/2012 at 07:51 PM | 96590
How is this only getting a limited release? They'd better show it somewhere nearby...
Kidtut Friday 9/21/2012 at 12:09 AM | 96594
Limited release?! I thought this would potentially be one of those Oscar nomination candidates for sure!
joshk1986 Friday 9/21/2012 at 02:12 AM | 96599
Gotta agree, this deserves a wide release because of the subject matter and Anthony Hopkins alone! Total BS but this might mean the films actually good. I have learned recently that smaller release films are often way better then the trek they sludge out weekend to weekend. I have high hopes!
Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Friday 9/21/2012 at 02:52 AM | 96601