Forums Horror Movie Talk
LAST SAW???? (Update - Saw 6 is confirmed)

We have touched base on this a little bit here but Joel and I were talking about this the other day. Is this indeed the last of the Saw movies? I saw a trailer where it said the game was about to end? Anybody have the scoop on this?

?v=0
Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Monday 10/20/2008 at 12:12 AM | 21022
I am not 100% sure but I do think it is the last one according to the previews. It kind of sucks if it is. I am just getting into the series.

oldskool Monday 10/20/2008 at 12:30 AM | 21026
Yeah, We talked it over . .. I heard they were making x movies but then all these previews and trailers are acting like this is it.
DaShape Monday 10/20/2008 at 01:03 AM | 21030
I herd 7 films... Who knows? Maybe they fit more into this movie than was anticipated and figured they could wrap it up?

Look at it this way... Saw is the only Franchise in this day of Modern Horror Films That Everyone loves and actually make it to a 4th sequel much less this 5th one coming out now as we speak!!! Major Props to Lions Gate and the whole Saw crew!!! --Ryan

Harry Warden Monday 10/20/2008 at 01:50 AM | 21036
They could be pulling a "Friday the 13th: The Final Chapter" on us... Only to make another one in a few years.

It is one of the only horror franchises we have going anymore, I'm not as huge a fan of it, but it's still a good series.I just wish we had a good definitive slasher franchise for our times....

People just don't know how to make a good one anymore, I think they have lost the ability to build suspense.

DarkArtist81 Monday 10/20/2008 at 04:16 AM | 21049
They could be pulling a "Friday the 13th: The Final Chapter" on us... Only to make another one in a few years.

It is one of the only horror franchises we have going anymore, I'm not as huge a fan of it, but it's still a good series.I just wish we had a good definitive slasher franchise for our times....

People just don't know how to make a good one anymore, I think they have lost the ability to build suspense.

man get out of my dead DA!I agree. Not a HUGE fan of Saw but like you said it is the last of a dying breed. Why can't someone build another damn Myers or Jason and start a new slasher franchise, WHY?????

Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Monday 10/20/2008 at 04:22 AM | 21053

man get out of my dead DA!I agree. Not a HUGE fan of Saw but like you said it is the last of a dying breed. Why can't someone build another damn Myers or Jason and start a new slasher franchise, WHY?????

Birds of a feather, bro...

I just had a conversation with a friend today about this, the state of horror films in our current day and age.

I guess I'm just hoping for someone to come along who really understands the visceral nature of fear and that suspense is KEY to making it work.

You can look at Halloween, Alien, Jaws, Psycho... the list goes on...

They knew how to build it up.

Like that scene in Alien when Dallas is in the ventilation system... you don't even have to SEE the creature to feel fear.

By the time it gets him, you are about to have a HEART ATTACK.

I just want another GREAT slasher series, one with actual suspense, a bit of mystery, and an inventive and original killer.

I fear that may be too much to ask. I'll beat this horse until it changes...
DarkArtist81 Monday 10/20/2008 at 04:27 AM | 21054

Birds of a feather, bro...

I just had a conversation with a friend today about this, the state of horror films in our current day and age.

I guess I'm just hoping for someone to come along who really understands the visceral nature of fear and that suspense is KEY to making it work.

You can look at Halloween, Alien, Jaws, Psycho... the list goes on...

They knew how to build it up.

Like that scene in Alien when Dallas is in the ventilation system... you don't even have to SEE the creature to feel fear.

By the time it gets him, you are about to have a HEART ATTACK.

I just want another GREAT slasher series, one with actual suspense, a bit of mystery, and an inventive and original killer.

I fear that may be too much to ask. I'll beat this horse until it changes...

your right on the money. That is the problem today though with all the "CGI" and special effects being where it is at. They want to show you everything that happens (alla SAW) nothing is left to the imagination anymore. If you look at films like Psycho and HalloweeN you see NOTHING! The birth of the Slasher genre and the icon of all Slasher films is HalloweeN and if you watch it and pay attention, nothing happens on screen. But many people (that are not horror nuts) would argue with you and say that it has gore and is graphic because of the suspenseful nature of the film. Don't get me wrong I am all up for a gore fest every now and again but like you I want something more, something actually fun to watch and suspenseful.

Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Monday 10/20/2008 at 05:08 AM | 21061
I don't think it will stop anytime soon really. If they can keep the interest up, that means more $$ in their pockets. As long as they can come up with good writers and directors, I really don't see this franchise slowing down.

So who's going to see this Friday??
SithLord Monday 10/20/2008 at 07:45 AM | 21067
I don't think it will stop anytime soon really. If they can keep the interest up, that means more $$ in their pockets. As long as they can come up with good writers and directors, I really don't see this franchise slowing down.

So who's going to see this Friday??

Will be snowing in hell if I couldn't see this movie next 31th! Agreed with you guys, and I'm not so fan of Saw's movies, but waht can we do? You said everything when talk that there's no more one great slasher movie, and I said a great slasher guy, as Leatherface, Jason, Myers, Freddy... The kids and the youngers don't like horror movies, you know.. They preffer that shit of Matrix or Lord of The Rings... Nothing wrong, but, when Harry Potter will teach someone to kill a chick with an axe or with a chainsaw???
LÜCKMANN Monday 10/20/2008 at 09:39 AM | 21074

your right on the money. That is the problem today though with all the "CGI" and special effects being where it is at. They want to show you everything that happens (alla SAW) nothing is left to the imagination anymore. If you look at films like Psycho and HalloweeN you see NOTHING! The birth of the Slasher genre and the icon of all Slasher films is HalloweeN and if you watch it and pay attention, nothing happens on screen. But many people (that are not horror nuts) would argue with you and say that it has gore and is graphic because of the suspenseful nature of the film. Don't get me wrong I am all up for a gore fest every now and again but like you I want something more, something actually fun to watch and suspenseful.

You're totally right, bro...

Those films were made with little to no gore at all, it was all subjective.

Which in turn made it more scary.

Gore is good every now and again for sure, but I am so nostalgic for another great suspense horror film, that does RELY on the blood.

And CGI and horror just never mix well, filmmakers should know that by now...

DarkArtist81 Monday 10/20/2008 at 01:16 PM | 21088
CONFIRMED, THERE IS SAW VI

From Bloody-Disgusting: While at the Scream Awards after party we caught up with Saw V director David Hackl who has just returned from a trip to Japan to promote the latest SAW film, which arrives in theaters October 24th. He tells us that he can't wait for his director's cut to hit DVD next year as it'll have tons more gore and scenes arranged in different order. The director's cut is also approximately 14 minutes longer (give or take). In addition, we asked around to all of the SAW related attendees who all say, "SAW VII? Let's worry about the xth film first...." Kevin Greutert is directing Saw VI for Lionsgate.
DaShape Monday 10/20/2008 at 11:29 PM | 21119
Geee... I hope the movie history gets better.. It won't finish anymore?
LÜCKMANN Tuesday 10/21/2008 at 09:36 AM | 21147
Just read this, apparently this will not be the last Saw!

Lionsgate has already gned a director for both SAW 5 and SAW 6. No, it won’t be Darren Lynn Bousman.
Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Tuesday 10/21/2008 at 10:00 PM | 21187
there will be def a 6th just watched it the other day
TekNik Wednesday 11/05/2008 at 08:41 PM | 22581
Just read this, apparently this will not be the last Saw!

Lionsgate has already gned a director for both SAW 5 and SAW 6. No, it won’t be Darren Lynn Bousman.

Here we go again...

Maybe I made a mistake. Maybe this will become a clasc from the horror. If the success is all they say on the tes and magazines, maybe we got to watch this again and again to find out the secrets of Saw success as horror movie.
LÜCKMANN Thursday 11/06/2008 at 05:52 PM | 22716
I really loved Saw series, but... it seems getting lame and predictable lately. (Don't flame me for that nce I didn't see V movie yet). They should make something better with some detective, pathos, logical skills in it. Sounds like they confirmed that there will be VII movie in few years, and I can't wait to get Saw V on DVD in 2009.
Gary Suyoru Friday 11/14/2008 at 03:12 PM | 23608