Forums Horror Movie Talk
Take A Look At The Concept Art For What Might Have Become The Jurassic Park Sequel

It's always really cool when you can get your hands on any kind of material that was proposed to the powers-that-be, but ultimately got shit-canned because it didn't get their golden seal of approval. Case in point, this really cool concept art which we're about to show you for what might have become Jurasc Park 4.

Several years back, independent film director, screenwriter and author John Sayles wrote a script for Jurasc Park IV that featured genetically engineered human-dinosaur hybrids that were super smart gun-toting mercenaries. It was, to put it mildly, a brazen and bonkers idea for a sequel to the franchise, and the script was eventually reviewed on Ain't It Cool and the project was eventually scrapped.

I'd like to make mention that someone must have dug this idea because it did warrant the need for some concept art, some of which was created by artist Carlos Huante. I'd also like to give a shout out to to the webte Badass Digest for providing us with these images, which might I add -- are pretty damn jaw-dropping.

According to Haunte, "these degns alone were enough to make Universal back down from the film." But ultimately it was AICN's script review that put the final nail in the coffin.

On a de note, Rick Jaffa and Amanda lver (Rise of the Planet of the Apes) are set to write the script for the current forthcoming Jurasc Park film, which will be produced by Steven Spielberg and Kathleen Kennedy. However Spielberg won’t direct.

Source: Badass Digest
Anonymous Wednesday 10/10/2012 at 02:40 AM | 96943
I can't quite work out if this concept with its art is awesome or laughably bad! It can definitely go one of two ways and I think it probably would come down to the execution of the film. It'd have to be incredibly dark in tone to be taken seriously.

Could it be a terrifying action tragedy like Cronenberg's The Fly? Or would it turn out as a rival Jaws The Revenge..?
joshk1986 Wednesday 10/10/2012 at 10:12 AM | 96946
thank god this didn't happen. does type of thing as its own, unique film, not to jurasc park.
darkdeepwoods16 Wednesday 10/10/2012 at 09:16 PM | 96957
Thank god for that.

No way should that ever be made.

Its waaaay off the mark off the franchise.
cat Friday 10/12/2012 at 02:46 PM | 97002