Forums Horror Movie Talk
5 Great Horror Movies To Watch On Halloween!

Horror movies are in season and some of you may be looking for something scary to watch on Halloween. Whether you celebrate Halloween or not you should still watch these movies! To help you all out, I will put up my 5 top picks for horror movies to watch this Halloween! If you are reading this and have your own list you would like to share, then please do! The following movies I will list vary from child friendly to the movies that will give kids nightmares and from the early bizarre French Avant- Gardes to modern day hits. Now to pick your poison!

Un Chien andalou 1929

Un Chien Andalou consts of seventeen minutes of bizarre and surreal images that may or may not mean anything. A straight razor seems to be placed by a womans eye, a small cloud formation obscures the moon, a cows eye is slit open, a woman pokes at a severed hand in the street with his cane, a man drags two grand pianos containing dead and rotting donkeys and live priests, and a mans hand has a hole in the palm from which ants emerge.from IMDB

Trick r Treat

Four interwoven stories that occur on Halloween: An everyday high school principal has a secret life as a serial killer; a college virgin might have just met the one guy for her; a group of teenagers pull a mean prank; a woman who loathes the night has to contend with her holiday-obsessed husband. from IMDB

Any Goosebumps TV Episode A collection of childrens horror stories by R.L. Stine. from IMDB

Jeepers Creepers 1 or 2

A brother and ster driving home for spring break encounter a flesh-eating creature in the isolated countryde that is on the last day of its ritualistic eating spree. from IMDB

Perkins 14

In the small town of Stone Cove, Maine, deputy sheriff Dwayne Hopper is on the night shift at the police station. He discovers that one of the prisoners in the holding cell is Ronald Perkins, a local pharmacist and a suspect in the disappearance of 14 children over the past 10 years, including Hoppers young son. Interrogating Perkins, Hopper learns that the mad pharmacist has built an army of 14 people brainwashed through cult-like methods to protect him from Perkins parents killers. Investigating, Hopper and the police unwittingly unleash his followers on the small town, and a night of terror beings as the 14 super-strong, zombie-like warriors wreck havoc with only one thing on their mind: "Kill for Mr. Perkins." from IMDB

BloodyAdored Saturday 10/13/2012 at 03:56 AM | 97015
I'll be watching Halloween in stunning bluray.
AgnesItsMeBilly Saturday 10/13/2012 at 12:37 PM | 97018
This is no ordinary list... good call! Wasn't Salvador Dali involved with Un Chien andalou?
Madloomis78 Saturday 10/13/2012 at 04:24 PM | 97023
If you're into that check out some of David Lynch's short films or even Inland Empire.. Disturbing stuff.
AgnesItsMeBilly Saturday 10/13/2012 at 08:42 PM | 97027
This is no ordinary list... good call! Wasn't Salvador Dali involved with Un Chien andalou? Yes he was. He wrote and played the Seminarist in the film.
BloodyAdored Sunday 10/14/2012 at 08:39 PM | 97041
I will probably watch Trick R Treat again.

Have they released any of the Goosebumps movies on Blu-ray? That might be an interesting pick up.
braindamagefilms Monday 10/15/2012 at 10:09 PM | 97068
Trick 'r Treat has become a family tradition! GREAT LIST!!!!
Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Tuesday 10/16/2012 at 12:21 AM | 97084
If you're into that check out some of David Lynch's short films or even Inland Empire.. Disturbing stuff.

I have been meaning to watch Inland Empire, though isn't it rather long? 180 min according to imdb, i'm not sure i have the motivation to watch something that length atm
Afflicted Monday 10/22/2012 at 05:53 AM | 97294
Trick 'r Treat has become a family tradition! GREAT LIST

Watching Trick 'r Treat as I type this.

gummi Monday 10/22/2012 at 06:53 AM | 97295

I have been meaning to watch Inland Empire, though isn't it rather long? 180 min according to imdb, i'm not sure i have the motivation to watch something that length atm Yeah its ridiculously long, and like i said, very disturbing.. Its not the type of movie you watch for fun tbh.. Its a beautiful film nonetheless.
AgnesItsMeBilly Monday 10/22/2012 at 07:06 PM | 97305
Trick 'r Treat is really one of my favorite little Halloween diverons. I should break down and purchase that so I always have it available.
jlwallen Tuesday 10/23/2012 at 06:14 PM | 97335