Forums Horror Movie Talk
Dunst Dumped for Spider-Man 4 & 5

Dunst Dumped for Spider-Man 4 & 5.

Below in orange was taken from comicbookmovie.com

Previous reports, by Kirsten Dunst herself, that she was gned for the next Spidey movies seem to be wishful thinking on the actress's part. Sounds like head honcho Rami is leaning to long the fake red-head, and MJ altogether for sequels 4 & 5. Did ANYONE think Dunst came close to "supermodel" pretty anyway? We didn't either. We can ealy imagine what the forthcoming Spider-Man 4 and Spider-Man 5 movies would be like without Kirsten Dust. BETTER!

None of us here at CBM thought she was right for the part of a super-hottie model Mary Jane anyway. Well, if the hints that director Sam Rami is sending out are indicative of what will happen to Spider-Man's squeeze, she WON'T be in the film--at least not Dunst.

“Kirsten, I’d love to work with her again,” Raimi explained to us this week, making it sound as if current plans to include Dunst for “Spider-Man 4” and “Spider-Man 5” are still up in the air. “I hope she’ll be written into it. I couldn’t imagine making one without her, and I think she’s an important part of the movies.” Nevertheless, Raimi admitted that the very nature of an episodic series requires that characters come and go.

Here, Sam Raimi implies that Kirsten Dunst’s character Mary-Jane wouldn’t be in the new Spider-Man movies! Hooray! He also hinted in the interview that one of the new Spider-Man villains could be a vicious scaly reptilian humanoid, though, so, is that the Lizard, or is he saying that he just MAY call Kirsten Dunst back? Hmmmm. Could go either way with that one.

In any case, CBM still remembers when the Spider-Man movies were great, but after a lack-luster Spider-Man 3--where Rami came close to mimicking Joel Schumacher by bringing in too many bad guys, AND the major bad idea of bringing Spidey on Broadway, we don’t feel so enthused any more. It seems at times like this comic book franchise has run its course. But this news is a good turn, and with the vast number of GOOD storylines, villains and just plain fun of the comic books, we think Spidey still has some legs if they get back on track.

Obviously, Spider-Man director Sam Raimi has sensed our fear and he wants to calm us all down the best way he can - by dumping Dunst. Now, if he develops Gwen Stacy, played by actress Bryce Dallas Howard, into Petey's love interest, he'll start to win us back.

Glory Days!

DaShape Monday 10/20/2008 at 01:19 AM | 21033
Ahhhhhh... They'll recast a stupid blondie for MJ papaer?? Only why Kirsten isn't HOT? And someone already thought that she could be a great actress?

I really don't understan some kind of people... Why they just don't put Pamela Anderson, or Jenna Haze, or even Paris Hilton on this shit? I hate Spider Man'a movies anyway... It's nothing about the comics...
LÜCKMANN Tuesday 10/21/2008 at 11:05 AM | 21153