Forums Horror Movie Talk
Gory, Gruesome & Great! A Full Description Of The Teaser Trailer For The Evil Dead Is In!

As I'm sure most of you know by now, the teaser trailer for the ultra graphic remake of the Evil Dead screened at New York Comic-Con last night, and a full house was on hand to witness the madness. Unfortunately, as far as we know, no stealthful-like footage of the premiere was captured. So we decided to do the next best thing -- we scoured the web -- searching high and low to find what we thought was the best recount of what was seen in the video. Ultimately we chose io9 for what we thought was a very killer description. So, without further adieu, here's what was seen last night.

"First, we saw the iconic cabin, which is introduced with the iconic Sam Raimi low-angle tracking shot. A group of new kids and Jane Levy push open the old cabin door, revealing leaves, dirt and a grubby cabin floor. Jane looks beat as hell and ready for her night of heroin withdraw (yes they are keeping the plot milar to the original). A trap door is discovered. A boy heads down the stairs and discovers THE NECRONOMICON! Sadly, we didn't get the money shot of the new book cover; all we saw was a book wrapped in black plastic, someone ripping into it and the familiar old pages. The character starts flipping through the Necronomicon, rubbing a pencil over the strange words. He recites the enchanted phrases. Jane lets out an insane high-pitched scream and then states, "We're all going to die tonight." This was already cut together pretty quickly; now things get even faster, so we're only getting flashes of the gore. I spot a girl in the shower cutting up the des of her mouth, while one of her cabinmates screams, "What are you doing?" Another girl's arm looks like it's covered in boils, and she takes an electric carving knife to her bicep. Someone starts up a chainsaw (the crowd goes insane at this). Cut to another girl trapped in the woods, wrapped with branches. Yep, the raping tree is back. Jane returns with white eyes, white skin and a black tongue, which she sticks out, provocatively licking an exposed knife. Slowly the knife starts splitting her tongue in half. She's doing this right in front the boil armed girl's face. The crowd goes wild."

According to the io9, who attended, there was "no more bright red Raimi blood; it's dark and green and gross for the most part... it's not funny. That's not the vibe this remake is going for. There was no camera winking, no sassy line delivery, just flesh slicing." It should also be noted that director, Fede Alvarez, who was on the discuson panel, claims that next to no CG was used during the filming of this remake!

So if you've been on the fence thus far, it certainly sounds like producers Sam Raimi, Bruce Campbell, and Rob Tapert are ncere in making this remake fucking amazing!

Source: io9
Anonymous Sunday 10/14/2012 at 03:50 PM | 97037
Sounds just unbelievably amazing Brian!

Now all that's left is to actually see it, I was sooo

weary of this but everything is lining up here which has me super excited!
Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Sunday 10/14/2012 at 07:21 PM | 97039
"Sounds just unbelievably amazing Brian!"

My thoughts exactly!! Can't wait to see it!
Anonymous Sunday 10/14/2012 at 08:23 PM | 97040
For me this is not Evil dead but Saw meets Cabin Fever I

mean Evil Dead was gory and funny ,but was never just about gory or torturer .

From what I read there no comedy at all in this one and I feel could really hurt the movie alot just have to wait and see
Nightmareblade17 Monday 10/15/2012 at 02:41 AM | 97047
No CGI..... I'm in!
joshk1986 Monday 10/15/2012 at 07:12 AM | 97052
Yesss!! I'm now very excited, reading this stuff...no CGI is going back to the roots of slasher movies. Is it already known when Evil dead goes into premiere?
UberJason78 Monday 10/15/2012 at 01:11 PM | 97055