Forums Horror Movie Talk
Southern Fried Horror Film, 'Hayride' Lands Distro Deal

Haunted hayrides are just as much a part of Halloween as haunted houses and trick or treating. So if you're into such festive activities and you also have a love of gore, an new indie film is soon to be on the loose which blends both elements into one gore-filled slasher film. Read on for more.

Acort International, one of the top distributors of independent films in the global marketplace, has just secured the recently completed horror film Hayride for world-wide distribution. Distribution plans are currently in conderation and will include a North American DVD release, cable/satellite/internet VOD run, and a limited theatrical as well as being showcased at this year's 2012 American Film Market.

Hayride was filmed in Southern Alabama and is loosely based on the childhood experiences of the director, whose family used to have an annual haunted hayride attraction. The cast includes Missppi native Sherri Eakin, who is no stranger to independent horror movies, Jeremy Ivy, and veteran actor Richard Tyson (Kindergarten Cop; Black Hawk Down; Me, Myself & Irene). The film follows a college student returning home for Halloween who is forced to face his childhood fears when an escaped killer takes refuge in his family’s haunted hayride attraction. The phrase coined for the film, which has also become its tagline, is “Southern Fried Horror.”

Writer/director Terron R. Parsons got his start producing commercials and has been writing nce a very young age. Parsons and co-producer Thomas Hatchett came up with the idea of writing a story based around the old haunted hayride one Halloween night while talking about what they would like to see in a next level slasher movie. Fellow Southerner and veteran actor Richard Tyson agreed to be in the film after Parsons reached out and shared the bac vion for the film, and production took place fall 2011. Completed summer 2012, Hayride will be a showcase title for Acort at the upcoming AFM.

Source: the 'Bid
Anonymous Thursday 10/18/2012 at 10:41 PM | 97174
sounds great! i wish there was more halloween themed horror movies, i like the haunted hayride idea, im sure its to soon but i would love for this to get a dvd release this month before halloween
CHROMExSKULL Friday 10/19/2012 at 12:40 PM | 97191