Forums Horror Movie Reviews
"Halloween III": The 30th Anniversary

30 years ago today, "Halloween III: Season of the Witch" hit theaters. For 3 decades, debates more intense than the Predential Election have raged among horror fans. Some feel it doesn't belong in the franchise. Some feel it's a worthy addition.

stop it...Stop It...STOP IT

Happy Halloween.
CZW_CJBecker Monday 10/22/2012 at 11:16 PM | 97310
im one of the few who has not seen this movie, I saw it in Walmart yesterday with all there Halloween movies for the this month and almost grabbed it for $5, call me crazy but im just not as into the old horror movies but anything that has a Halloween feel to it usually interests me this time of year, im going back to get Wrong Turn 5 today so maybe i will chance it,

what do you guys think, if im more into the newer stuff will i still enjoy this movie?
CHROMExSKULL Tuesday 10/23/2012 at 12:05 PM | 97331
You're probably dissapointed for some of the acting skills that can feel a bit ' old horrormovie-quality' especially by the leading girl. But Halloween III is still a nice addition to the series in terms of halloween-feeling and the soundtrack is very good ( in the first chase scene, the Chariots of Pumpkins as it is called on the soundtrack) sounds great. There is campyness and some brutal kills. It wouldn't kill you, if you try to see this movie.....or will it? wuuuhahahahahaha!!!
UberJason78 Wednesday 10/24/2012 at 11:37 AM | 97370
P.S.

Halloween III was my very first Halloween movie I got to see. I was aware that there had to be someone with a white mask ( I saw the video art for Halloween 4 at that time) But obviously H3 didn't have that. But my mother told me a movie with the title Halloween would probably be a scary movie, so at the tender age of 10. me and my mom watched this movie on televion. It was a nice one in my opinion, and still has it's good moments and, as I mentioned above, has a great score by John Carpenter and Allan Howarth

So congratulations to all Halloween III fans for supporting this under appriciated entry in the series, and to all people involved into making this movie. 30 years later, the discusons are still going on and on, and the merchandise for H3 is kicking inn, more then ever. So that should be proof enough to show this ' worst entry'

in the franchise is not as bad as people claim it to be.
UberJason78 Wednesday 10/24/2012 at 11:45 AM | 97371
I really love Halloween III Season of the Witch.I alway's felt it was more deserving of it's own title rather than be tied in to the Halloween franchise in name only.Through the years though Ive gotten used to it being apart of the series and when ever I watch the Halloween movies I watch them in number order so after the second Halloween I watch this one.
horrorlord Thursday 10/25/2012 at 04:21 AM | 97403