Forums Off Topic
Geek Makes Scout Trooper Figure Actually Ride Chipmunk LOL

From Slashfilm:

Geek Scorns Photoshop, Makes Scout Trooper Figure Actually Ride a Chipmunk - Kooky Star Wars Tribute:

Wow.

You’ve got to respect the ingenuity and resourcefulness of Star Wars geek Chris McVeigh.

I mean, if George Lucas wanted to see a Scout Trooper riding a chipmunk, he’d have his crack team of digital artists at ILM fire up their CGI-making machinery.

And then only manage to get 93% of the way to something that looked realistic. And then make $10 million licenng the image for t-shirts and mugs.

Not Chris.

He wanted to see a Scout Trooper riding a small forest creature, so he went out in his friggin’ yard with his friggin’ camera and tied a figure to a wild chipmunk with a tiny friggin’ harness.

Yeah.

From his interview on the Official Star Wars Blog:Earlier in the summer, I made a few trial runs to see how Billy would react to having an action figure on his back. I was stunned at how complacent he was about it. In fact, the only thing that seemed to unnerve him was when the action figure fell off his back — and because his motions were so quick, this happened frequently. The solution was to use to very thin thread to help keep the scout trooper upright.

I still don't know if I believe it or not . .. . once you'd strap the figure to the chipmunk why would it stand around and pose?

Most chipmunks I've crossed paths with take one look at me and run for the hills.

However, if it is legit then this kids needs to take up video games or something

DaShape Monday 10/20/2008 at 03:42 PM | 21100
Maybe he's drugged, or maybe Darth Vader paralised him... This is not a squirrel? Like Chip'n'Dale?
LÜCKMANN Monday 10/20/2008 at 06:16 PM | 21106