Forums DVD & Blu-rays
The Japanese Cut Of The Toxic Avenger Is Finally Headed To The U.S. This December

If you've been searching high and low for the highly sought-after Japanese veron of Troma's the Toxic Avenger but you've come up short in your never-ending endeavors, fear not!We just got wind that the import, which boosts more minutes than the U.S. directors cut of the film, will be washing up on U.S. shores on December 11th.

Welcome to Tromaville, New Jersey -- a small American town, terrorized by criminals. The town's corrupt mayor ts idly by while muggers, robbers and teenage punks victimize helpless citizens. Among the redents of Tromaville is Melvin, a nerdy, emaciated janitor at the local health club. That is, until he becomes The Toxic Avenger! A gang of thugs devise a cruel hoax that goes horribly wrong as Melvin is cast through a third story window and into a vat of hazardous toxic waste. However, an unexpected metamorphos takes place. As the chemicals take hold of his body, Melvin turns into the Toxic Avenger, doer of good, and brutal mauler of evil! The rest, as they say, is history! The excitement is non-stop as the hero sets out to ngle handedly wipe out the forces of evil that torment the people of Tromaville. The Toxic Avenger is non-stop entertainment that will leave the viewers glowing from the fun. An additional four minutes have been added to this veron!

Information that was sent out in the "CAV Complete title list spreadsheet" showed that the two previous verons of this title had running times of 101 minutes, which is incorrect. Both previous verons had a running time of 87 minutes.

Bonus Features Include:

Production Stills Trailers

Source: DC
Anonymous Wednesday 10/24/2012 at 11:21 PM | 97395
that cover art looks hilarious!

I was thinking about this movie the other day.. Now if i watched it i would laugh my ass off, but i saw it when i was really, really young. The scene where they hit the bicycle kid with the car really freaked me out!
AgnesItsMeBilly Saturday 10/27/2012 at 09:24 PM | 97445