Forums Horror Movie Talk
Take Your First Look At The Necronomicon From The 'Evil Dead' Remake!

With Halloween now official over, the official Facebook page of the Evil Dead remake has delivered a different kind of candy for all of us adults who can no longer suit up beg our neighbors for sweets -- eye candy!

Check out the first image of the Necronomicon Ex Mortis, and damnit, we hope that you're excited as we are!

Directed by Fede Alvarez, the film focuses on five twenty-something friends who become holed up in a remote cabin where they discover a Book Of The Dead. An archaeologist's tape recording reveals that the ancient text was discovered among the Khandarian ruins of a Sumerian civilization. Playing the taped incantations, the youths unwittingly summon up dormant demons living in the nearby woods, which possess the youngsters in succeson until only one is left intact to fight for survival.

Starring Jane Levy, Shiloh Fernandez, Lou Taylor Pucci, Jesca Lucas and Elizabeth Blackmore, Evil Dead hits theaters on April 12, 2013.

Source: Facebook
Anonymous Thursday 11/01/2012 at 01:40 PM | 97553
It looks great!

it even has hairs on the skin...the drawings are very cool to...next thing to look forward to!
UberJason78 Thursday 11/01/2012 at 01:49 PM | 97554
Call me a purist, but I miss the face and ear on the covers.

The illustration is ok, not knocking my socks off. It would have been nice to see it look like the book was inked in blood too. Could the picture on the right be a new incarnation of the large demon/deadite (manifestation of the evil in the woods) that tries to get into the house at the end of Evil Dead 2 and gives ash his Mr. Fantastic hair streak! Just a thought...
Anonymous Thursday 11/01/2012 at 02:38 PM | 97561
I actually really like it. It stays true to the more "realistic" vibe they're going with in this remake veron. Bring it on! EVIL DEAD reamke is sooooo on my radar as wanna see NOW!!!
Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Friday 11/02/2012 at 02:40 AM | 97580
At first glance, i hated it. It has no face. But the more and more i look at it, i remember how cheesy the original Necronomicon actually looks. This remake seems to have more realism than to the original - i'm open to that. Stitched together flesh is pretty fucking creepy...

....And i REALLY dislike the red print on the second image... THAT looks cheesy in my opinion.
AgnesItsMeBilly Friday 11/02/2012 at 05:35 AM | 97583
Nick you are getting so close to getting banned!!! Bnizzle hold me back!! LOL! (j/k)
Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Friday 11/02/2012 at 09:40 PM | 97589
bahahahahahahaha!

You're really that high on this, Justin?

In anycase, at least we agree Ti West is the truth.
AgnesItsMeBilly Friday 11/02/2012 at 10:07 PM | 97590
bahahahahahahaha!

You're really that high on this, Justin?

In anycase, at least we agree Ti West is the truth.

Well, yes I am but I am also a fanboy of the original Evil Dead so I am not sure I am qualified to be partial. But I really, REALLY wasn't expecting much from this remake and the trailer has be so hyped and to be honest I've been showing it to a lot of other people in my little group who are usually tough on horror and they love the trailer as well so I don't think I am over-hyping this but who knows. I really think this is gonna be a break through horror movie. I really believe this could be the horror movie that the genre needs, something hardcore gore (not in a SAW fashion) but actually a horror based film that shakes audiences. We will see.

And Ti West is the MAN! That we can always agree on brother!!
Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Friday 11/02/2012 at 10:59 PM | 97594

Well, yes I am but I am also a fanboy of the original Evil Dead so I am not sure I am qualified to be partial. But I really, REALLY wasn't expecting much from this remake and the trailer has be so hyped and to be honest I've been showing it to a lot of other people in my little group who are usually tough on horror and they love the trailer as well so I don't think I am over-hyping this but who knows. I really think this is gonna be a break through horror movie. I really believe this could be the horror movie that the genre needs, something hardcore gore (not in a SAW fashion) but actually a horror based film that shakes audiences. We will see.

And Ti West is the MAN! That we can always agree on brother!! i just really think you're setting your expectations high. I mean, from the trailer, we got almost no dialogue or any indication of how these no name actors will do. If in fact its going the realism route, (which i think would be awesome) the acting will have to be up to par. The actors from say, Tucker and Dale are only acceptable due to the kind of movie it is. It doesn't take itself seriously.

Will this movie be ruined by 3D or CGI?

And who the heck is the director? It scares me that all of these remakes (I dislike nearly every one) are directed by some no-name, who has done nothing relevant before or after said remake. Alexandre Aja should've gotten the job. I'd feel better if that were the case. I know this guy was handpicked by Raimi, but it aint exactly like Raimi has been pumping out incredible films in the last 10 years or so. At least not in my opinion. In a way he's lost his credibility with me. George Lucas style.

Anyways, a lot of the images from the trailer were awesome, but they were just snipits and i certainly can't gauge how i think the remake of one of my childhood favorites would be based on snip its.. I'm skeptical.The funny thing is, i as well am a Evil Dead fanboy.. I have the trilogy on Blu-ray, dvd, and vhs, t-shirts, posters, videogames LOL. So i'm not qualified to be partial either. Bruce Campbell is my manzzz...
AgnesItsMeBilly Saturday 11/03/2012 at 09:12 AM | 97598
I love the art but miss the face Still very bad ass

Harvey0005 Sunday 11/04/2012 at 02:16 AM | 97609