Forums Horror Movie Talk
First time convention.... Do's and donts?

Hey all,

The 30 YOT is right around the corner and I will be attending.

I have never been to a horror convention before and i do not know what to expect.

Do they sell things there?

Do you have to pay for the autographs?

Should I bring my shank?

Is there anything that I should and shouldn't bring?

Evildsm Tuesday 10/21/2008 at 05:49 PM | 21165
Yep, they will be selling things there and bring only the amount of money you are willing to spend because you could go bankrupt if you bring your life savings Also, autographs do cost money.

Normally between $20-$30 a pop.

Normally you can get a pic with the celeb after you pay for the auto but sometimes on a rare occaon they will make you pay extra for a pic also . ..

unless you are Horrorbid who waits until the last minute of clong time and runs up to every celeb on their way out the door and gets a pic without paying for anything LOL.
DaShape Tuesday 10/21/2008 at 06:38 PM | 21172
Yep, they will be selling things there and bring only the amount of money you are willing to spend because you could go bankrupt if you bring your life savings Also, autographs do cost money.

Normally you can get a pic with the celeb after you pay for the auto but sometimes on a rare occaon they will make you pay extra for a pic also . ..

unless you are Horrorbid who waits until the last minute of clong time and runs up to every celeb on their way out the door and gets a pic without paying for anything LOL.

amen to that! Mike it is a very cool time at these conventions and I am sure that 30 years is going to be insane. Take a TON of pics and be sure to wear your HorrorBid shirt wherever you go!

Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Tuesday 10/21/2008 at 08:16 PM | 21174

amen to that! Mike it is a very cool time at these conventions and I am sure that 30 years is going to be insane. Take a TON of pics and be sure to wear your HorrorBid shirt wherever you go! Awww yes!

The HB shirt!

I will wear that for sure.

I might need to pick up two more just to make sure I have a clean shirt on all weekend.

Evildsm Tuesday 10/21/2008 at 08:22 PM | 21176
LOL! We will send you a truck full just to make sure you have a fresh one on every time someone looks in your direction. So are you getting excited about this or what?
Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Tuesday 10/21/2008 at 08:38 PM | 21181
I am SO FREAKIN EXCITED..

like seriously VERY VERY EXCITED

I know for a while, I had kind of forgotten about it but it is 10 days away.

Danielle Harris and I will meet and fall in love and have babies....

Evildsm Tuesday 10/21/2008 at 08:49 PM | 21182

LMFAO!!!! Well say hey to Ms. Harris for me and I can't wait to see the kids. I am excited for you Mike. I know both Joel and I are kicking our selves for not making this one. It is truly going to be epic!

If you get a chance take some pics when you are

"you know" with Ms. Harris!
Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Tuesday 10/21/2008 at 09:01 PM | 21183

LMFAO!!!! Well say hey to Ms. Harris for me and I can't wait to see the kids. I am excited for you Mike. I know both Joel and I are kicking our selves for not making this one. It is truly going to be epic!

If you get a chance take some pics when you are

"you know" with Ms. Harris!
Oh for sure!

I wont let Mikie Myers cock block me too.

I think it will be fun. I'll have her massage my feet and tell me about the good ol days when she was on the set of H4 and H5.
Evildsm Tuesday 10/21/2008 at 09:29 PM | 21184
Hey Mike, Danielle wanted me to send this to you!

Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Wednesday 10/22/2008 at 05:44 AM | 21204
What about this pic Booman???

DaShape Wednesday 10/22/2008 at 06:58 AM | 21210
Here's a good tip... don't "whip it out" in front of the celebrities (unless you are asked to). Had to learn that the hard way.

Joel brings up a great point by the way. DO NOT bring your life savings unless you intend to spend it... or have tremendous will power, otherwise you'll go home with everything you see. I tried my best not to spend much but ended up leaving with empty pockets.
Myers31TKD Wednesday 10/22/2008 at 07:46 AM | 21219
Here's a good tip... don't "whip it out" in front of the celebrities (unless you are asked to). Had to learn that the hard way. LMAO...

Don't get over excited and not sleep the night before because you will crash and miss out on some stuff...you'll be kicking yourself later for it. Had to learn that the hard way...lol

kweandee Wednesday 10/22/2008 at 10:44 AM | 21229
Hey Mike, Danielle wanted me to send this to you!

shwing!

pamelavoorheesRIP Wednesday 10/22/2008 at 08:59 PM | 21293