Forums Horror Collectibles
Evil Dead 4 update

MTVMovies says:Legendary director Sam Raimi was walking around Comic-Con a few months ago telling us and the masve audience in Hall H that when his brother Ivan was coming to vit in August, they had plans to finally t down and write a fourth “Evil Dead” flick. Even star Bruce Campbell got in the action, proming the film wouldn’t rely on a younger dekick, a la “Indiana Jones” and “Die Hard.”So, whatever happened with that, Sam?“We never did it,” Raimi admitted when we checked in with him on the project recently. “There was too much work to do on ‘Drag Me to Hell.’”Raimi is referring to the Justin Long-starring flick that will return him to his horror roots next May, and which he also co-wrote with brother Ivan. The flick is a cool-sounding tale of a young woman (Alison Lohman) who finds herself cursed, but it most certainly will not involve Bruce Campbell, raping trees, or those beloved “Evil Cam” shots.

DaShape Tuesday 10/21/2008 at 11:16 PM | 21190
MTVMovies says:Legendary director Sam Raimi was walking around Comic-Con a few months ago telling us and the masve audience in Hall H that when his brother Ivan was coming to vit in August, they had plans to finally t down and write a fourth “Evil Dead” flick. Even star Bruce Campbell got in the action, proming the film wouldn’t rely on a younger dekick, a la “Indiana Jones” and “Die Hard.”So, whatever happened with that, Sam?“We never did it,” Raimi admitted when we checked in with him on the project recently. “There was too much work to do on ‘Drag Me to Hell.’”Raimi is referring to the Justin Long-starring flick that will return him to his horror roots next May, and which he also co-wrote with brother Ivan. The flick is a cool-sounding tale of a young woman (Alison Lohman) who finds herself cursed, but it most certainly will not involve Bruce Campbell, raping trees, or those beloved “Evil Cam” shots.

Damnit Sam, just either do this or don't. I wish they would make up their minds. I really am starting to think this is just a joke amongst Sam, Bruce and his brother. They all grew up together and love pulling pranks. I really think they are just mesng with the fans. Why? Because they can. Hail to the king, baby!

Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Tuesday 10/21/2008 at 11:22 PM | 21192
ok... we can do away with the rapping trees... BUT WHAT THE HELL KIND OF EVIL DEAD IS THIS GOING TO BE WITHOUT BRUCE CAMPBELL OR "EVIL CAM" SHOTS?????????? for god sakes we Need ASH!!! --Ryan

Harry Warden Tuesday 10/21/2008 at 11:23 PM | 21193
ok... we can do away with the rapping trees... BUT WHAT THE HELL KIND OF EVIL DEAD IS THIS GOING TO BE WITHOUT BRUCE CAMPBELL OR "EVIL CAM" SHOTS?????????? for god sakes we Need ASH!!! --Ryan Agreed, Seriously this is BS.
Evildsm Wednesday 10/22/2008 at 03:41 PM | 21266
Thought we're going to see FREDDY vs JASON vs ASH soon...

OMG, the waiting is killing me!
LÜCKMANN Friday 11/07/2008 at 12:14 PM | 22762
Here's an interesting interview with Bruce Campbell on Dread Central. Nothing we really didn't know, but it's an audio interview, so, if you are lazy like me, hear it and keep navigating on the seas of the sun....

Just click on the link on the page...

http://www.dreadcentral.com/page/dread-central-podcast-directory?req=interviews
LÜCKMANN Thursday 11/20/2008 at 07:02 PM | 24790
In an interview to Onion's AV Club, Bruce Campbell gave his final answer about his participation on Evil Dead 4. We have to remember that Sam Raimi, in november, had confirmed that were seriously thinking about make it. According to him, "it was a matter of time and negociation". But Bruce wasn't so sure about it, and despite I think this is a bad new, we can't deny he has all the reasons to not want do it:

"No. I think it could be the end of everything. I mean, someone really want Indiana Jones 4? The answer is NO. I made the same questions in seven theaters and in 300 people, only 3 raise their hands. You are on the deception line. I probably should be disappointed with an original movie. People love Army of Darkness, and God bless them for it. It's a beautiful thing. The movie was a success when were released and many people knew that. 20 years have gone and things are faster and it turns into a clasc american movie now. That was long time ago and anything we do now will always be compared to Army of Darkness, and I can't see how could we pass through it. You make another movie, and I already know what will be said and what's gonna happen: 'Oh, it's not so good as Army of Darkness'. So, we can't handle with all the huge phisycal pain and torment only to bring something that will be disappointing. This is what I really don't want to do actually"

Well, as we can see, Bruce is a real horror fan, and the great Evild Dead fan too. Althought we really want to see a sequel for it, Bruce is right when said that it'll be certainly compared to Army of Darkness. We are always saying how dumb is to do a remake from a clasc movie, or how bad could be too many sequels for it. SAW is the actual proof of it. It's all about the money. I don't really know why Sam Raimi is so excited to make it, but if Bruce won't be on it, I don't want see too.
LÜCKMANN Saturday 2/21/2009 at 12:01 PM | 36886
If there is another sequel, I hope Bruce is in the movie nce he is the reason I watch the series, he's funny as Ash. If not, I not watching.
jasonchick Sunday 2/22/2009 at 02:07 AM | 36950