Forums Horror Movie Talk
Rather Than Duplicate, Kimberly Peirce Wants Her 'Carrie' To Have A Different Ending

Whilst searching online for some Carrie news, we came across this little nugget of info which is quite interesting to say the least. In a recent Q & A with Spin Off Online, Carrie director Kimberly Peirce touched on several key topics such as Chloë Grace Moretz's transformation into the titular character, and what it's like working for the first time on a horror film. However the most intriguing question of the interview regards how Pierce will handle the ending.

“Well, Brian (DePalma) said to me, 'So what are you gonna do about that end?' And I was like, 'Brian, I know you revolutionized cinema…'

Of course it’s on my mind! I’m not blind to the brilliance of his movie, but I’m also not blind to the fact that I can’t go down a road that he’s done. You have to be mindful. And I just don’t think you have to try to duplicate something that is so unique and so brilliant and revolutionized cinema. I mean, maybe I should be bolder and do it, but I think I’m a little too wise to. So I think you do something different, I think you just make sure your movie is what it is and that it fires on all cylinders as much as you can. And if you find yourself in a tuation where you can top it, do it. But you probably won’t.”

Look for Carrie, starring Chloë Grace Moretz, Julianne Moore, Portia Doubleday, Judy Greer, Gabriella Wilde and newcomer Ansel Elgort, in theaters March 15, 2013.

Source: Spin Off Online
Anonymous Thursday 11/15/2012 at 09:29 PM | 97791