Forums Horror Movie Talk
Bruce comments on "EVIL DEAD 4"

Here's what the "chinned one" had to say to Bloody-Disgusting concerning Evil Dead 4:

"In the remake, there's really no part for me," Campbell told Bloody-Disgusting. "Other than being the old guy at the bait shop going 'Hey, be careful of that cabin.' You'd have to get a whole new cast and put them through a whole new set of nightmares.

"The remake could actually be cool philosophically. This is only my personal opinion,

I'd go back to handheld 16mm with total unknowns just like the first one. You make the effects a little less . You could still do some visual effects with digital, but I'd really mess with people and make it a scary theater where you're still trapped again. And I think you can do that all over again because we had no one of any name in the first Evil Dead, so it can be done. I'd go low tech. The dere is always to go bigger.

"In terms of the , that's all fine. I think Sam and I will do it when schedules line up and if I'm not too old. But he's been so busy with these Spider-Man movies, it's like 'When the hell would we ever do it?' I think the dere is there. We both like the series a lot. It's been really fun creatively and we would probably be very happy to revit it if and when that ever happens."
DaShape Wednesday 10/22/2008 at 01:08 PM | 21242
I didn't understand; on the same day, the Bloody-disgusting throw an article

(by Mr. Disgusting), taken from the Toyfare magazine where Campbell exploded:

During a new interview with Toyfare Magazine, Bruce Campbell finally gets ck of the "Ash" related questions and spits out a fireball of what appears to be the God-given truth.

"Look, let's cut to the chase because you keep dancing around it, " Campbell exclaims, "if you're talking about Ash coming back again., Sam Raimi has the best perspective. He says, 'Look, I can go back and do Ash vs. whoever whenever I want. I can do that when I'm 70; I don't have to do that now. Right now I'm on a fast, fat groovy rain in Hollywood.' And he's going to follow that, and he'll come back and to EVIL DEAD stuff when he's unemployed and living at the Old Director's Home."

And now they don't know if the next movie will be a sequel or a remake? That is it or I'm going crazy?

Look out this what he said for MTV: When he’s ready, I’m ready,” star Bruce Campbell told MTV News referring to director Sam Raimi and THE EVIL DEAD remake. But what about the posbilities of an EVIL DEAD 4?

“Nobody knows anything,” he said. “I mean if we were really smart , we’d go back to a handheld movie and shoot it in 16mm and find someplace in the middle of nowhere. And have a crew of 10 people. If we were smart.

The beauty of the ‘Evil Dead’ movies is that you’re only appealing to one demographic and that’s people who like horror movies. And you just have to please them. You don’t have to appeal to the studio. You’re already pleang them by giving them part 4.”

Now back to accepting the fact that it will never happen... until next "update".

Agreed with Mr. Disgusting: it'll never happen... And why? Because Sam Raimi is too busy making spidey movies or this shit of Drag me To Hell.. I hope he'll be dragger after doing the Evil Dead 4 and not a remake... I'll give Raimi some of my spider sense...
LÜCKMANN Wednesday 10/22/2008 at 01:44 PM | 21247
I didn't understand; on the same day, the Bloody-disgusting throw an article

(by Mr. Disgusting), taken from the Toyfare magazine where Campbell exploded:

During a new interview with Toyfare Magazine, Bruce Campbell finally gets ck of the "Ash" related questions and spits out a fireball of what appears to be the God-given truth.

"Look, let's cut to the chase because you keep dancing around it, " Campbell exclaims, "if you're talking about Ash coming back again., Sam Raimi has the best perspective. He says, 'Look, I can go back and do Ash vs. whoever whenever I want. I can do that when I'm 70; I don't have to do that now. Right now I'm on a fast, fat groovy rain in Hollywood.' And he's going to follow that, and he'll come back and to EVIL DEAD stuff when he's unemployed and living at the Old Director's Home."

And now they don't know if the next movie will be a sequel or a remake? That is it or I'm going crazy?

Look out this what he said for MTV: When he’s ready, I’m ready,” star Bruce Campbell told MTV News referring to director Sam Raimi and THE EVIL DEAD remake. But what about the posbilities of an EVIL DEAD 4?

“Nobody knows anything,” he said. “I mean if we were really smart , we’d go back to a handheld movie and shoot it in 16mm and find someplace in the middle of nowhere. And have a crew of 10 people. If we were smart.

The beauty of the ‘Evil Dead’ movies is that you’re only appealing to one demographic and that’s people who like horror movies. And you just have to please them. You don’t have to appeal to the studio. You’re already pleang them by giving them part 4.”

Now back to accepting the fact that it will never happen... until next "update".

Agreed with Mr. Disgusting: it'll never happen... And why? Because Sam Raimi is too busy making spidey movies or this shit of Drag me To Hell.. I hope he'll be dragger after doing the Evil Dead 4 and not a remake... I'll give Raimi some of my spider sense...

I'm going to have to agree also, this Evil Dead 4 project is looking more and more like it's not going to happen in the near future . . .

AND WHY ARE THEY MAKING MORE SPIDER-MAN MOVIES?????

(bedes the obvious money answer . . . which is probably the only answer)

The third one sucked and they should let it die.
DaShape Wednesday 10/22/2008 at 01:57 PM | 21255