Forums Horror Movie Talk
Blue coveralls on Michael Myers?

This has got to be the biggest urban legend or miss perception in horror movie history. From tons of horror collectibles to costumes on the street you always see Michael Myers in dark blue coveralls. This is just not the case though if you watch the first or second film. It is clear from watching the movies that Nick Castle and Dick Warlock are wearing spruce green coveralls. From the scene with Myers watching through the fence to all the close up shots the color is apparent. So why is he so often portrayed wearing blue? I have my guesses but wanted to hear everyone's thoughts on this first. The blue coverall myth?
Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Wednesday 10/22/2008 at 08:03 PM | 21286
-J

I still think they can be charcole gray.

It can go either way though.

Gray or Spruce green.... Hmm....

not blue though, for sure.

Also, just to add...

When i wear my gray big macs, in certain lighting conditions It tends to look blue and green.
Evildsm Wednesday 10/22/2008 at 08:15 PM | 21287
-J

I still think they can be charcole gray.

It can go either way though.

Gray or Spruce green.... Hmm....

not blue though, for sure.

Also, just to add...

When i wear my gray big macs, in certain lighting conditions It tends to look blue and green.

Same here...

I think that they were Green in the films, just from hearing it directly from Dick Warlock... But I prefer the Charcoal myself.

I just think it is a better representation of what was seen on screen.

That said, I DO find it annoying as Hell to see licensed toys with blue coveralls and even more with crappy costumes.And I hate it when I am in a Myers costume and some punk calls me Jason.

DarkArtist81 Thursday 10/23/2008 at 02:09 AM | 21310
Well you make a Very Good point!!! First off before I get to that, I always thought his coveralls were blue... To me they looked blue... When I herd on here about the Spruce Green, and Especially when I herd it from more than just one person and than Sam even said they were Spruce, well then I just asumed the lighting in the film just pulled the wool over my eyes... Anyway, I did get my Spruce Green Coveralls in the mail today to wear with Devious when it gets here... In my opinion, the Spruce Green coveralls kinda represents a Blue/Green color... Almost like Dark Navy with a Green tint all over them... So, I can now see why they looked so blue on screen and why it was so ealy mistaken... NOW Here's the good point that you brought up... This is another one of those "Mix ups Myths" --

How in the hell can you mix Jason From Michael up?????????? I have had SEVERAL and STILL COUNTING, people see my myers masks and say "Nice Jason Mask" and I have had people see my Prop Shop Camp Killer "Jason" mask and say "Nice Myers Mask"!... URGGGHHHH!!!!!!!!!! Big Pet Peve of mine... (Get it Right!!!)... lmao... Jason-Woods and Hockey Mask , Myers Baby tter killer -- White Rubber mask with brown hair... How the hell hard is that??? lmao...

--Ryan

Harry Warden Thursday 10/23/2008 at 02:35 AM | 21317
I KNOW!

I mean... how in the HELL can you mix up This... with this? Every ngle TIME I wear my Myers gear I get that, and occaonally I get the idiot who sees my Jason figures and mistakes him for Myers.

It's annoying as Hell.

DarkArtist81 Thursday 10/23/2008 at 03:48 AM | 21327
you know i never thought about that before but it is true. i own the big 18" h1 myers and it is wearing blue coveralls. so were they ever blue in any movie? and why are the blue in that one shot that booman posted in this topic?
joelsparks Thursday 10/23/2008 at 04:26 AM | 21337
Just wondering: maybe a continuation mistake?
LÜCKMANN Thursday 10/23/2008 at 12:11 PM | 21356
It's the lighting.

Lighting can play tricks on film colors, which is why sometimes they will have a muted color costume or brighter color costume, which under specific lighting will appear normal or whatever.Someone did a test for me one time, with Charcoal coveralls under 3 different lighting schemes.

One made them appear blue, one made them appear green and another made them look gray.

It also worked with the Spruce Green coveralls.

Lighting changes everything.

DarkArtist81 Thursday 10/23/2008 at 01:29 PM | 21358
Johnny Bisco Saturday 10/25/2008 at 03:03 AM | 21492