I went and seen this on opening night and I was very surprised. I wasn't really surprised by the movie...just at the people. The theater was pretty packed, but most of the audience were teenagers. I thought maybe their teachers were giving them extra credit or something if they saw the movie. One thing that's bugged me nce the first trailer came out, is that folks started saying that it was going to be a comedy. Well....Bush is pretty funny dude...especially when he speaks...but to me, the trailer didn't make it look like a comedy at all! It was going to be the typical Stone biopic. Which is what it was. Alot of the teens were disappointed

. The movie....Well Brolin as Bush is excellent! He should be nominated for an Academy Award for his performance! Richard Dreyfuss acts well but doesn't really fit well as Dick Cheney IMO . Also the dude that played Colin Powell had the voice all wrong. The movie was entertaining, if you like slow talky movies. I think Stone could have made this alot better. Also there's alot of flashback stuff, and I think it would have worked better as a narrative film. I think Stone quit making good movies after JFK.

I give it 2 stars out of 4. Stv

'Maybe we should uh...make uh...one of them...uh...horrorween movies! Don't let Oliver Stones direct it though...get uh....somebody good...like uh....uh...Steven Speilman...yeah...heh heh heh."

-G.W.B.
dontbeafraid Wednesday 10/22/2008 at 09:17 PM | 21296