Forums DVD & Blu-rays
Start Off The New Year With Sam Raimi And The Blu-Ray Release Of 'The Possession'

Remember that supernatural

horror film that hit theaters this past summer about a little girl and an old antique wooden box containing an evil spirit? Well its coming home to Blu-ray and DVD real soon, and we've got all the details waiting to be absorbed below.

The horror hit of the summer, The Posseson, produced by celebrated horror filmmaker Sam Raimi (Drag Me To Hell, Evil Dead) along with Robert Tapert (Drag Me to Hell) and J.R. Young (The Messengers), arrives on Blu-ray Disc (plus Digital Copy and Ultraviolet), DVD (plus Digital Copy and Ultraviolet), Digital Download, and On Demand on January 15th from Lionsgate Home Entertainment.

http://youtu.be/g2HhVwcA1g4

Headlined by Jeffrey Dean Morgan (Watchmen) and Golden Globe® winner Kyra Sedgwick (TV’s “The Closer”), the supernatural thriller is directed by Ole Bornedal (Nightwatch) and written by Juliet Snowden (Boogeyman) and Stiles White (Knowing). The chilling tale is based on a true story and co-stars Natasha Calis (TV’s “The Firm”) as a young girl whose body has been taken over by a murderous evil spirit.

The Blu-ray and DVD both include an extenve featurette focung on the eerie true story behind The Posseson along with separate audio commentaries with Bornedal and the film’s writers.

The Posseson will be available on Blu-ray Disc and DVD for the suggested retail price of $39.99 and $29.95, respectively.

Source: the 'Bid
Anonymous Saturday 12/08/2012 at 02:54 PM | 99164
I was thoroughly underwhelmed by this.. Nothing to differentiate it from other, better posseson films.. What did everyone else think?
AgnesItsMeBilly Sunday 12/09/2012 at 01:02 AM | 99177