Forums Horror Movie Talk
Bidites! I need your help!!

So i recently watched V/H/S, i'm sure many of you have seen it. I was completely blown away by the first two stories. (Amateur Night and Second Honeymoon) Very, very creepy. The other entries were just so-so, and the films potential wasn't fully realized, but overall i really liked the movie.

Here's the problem, every time i see a horror film i enjoy, i get the undeniable urge to watch MORE good horror. I'm at the point where i've seen so many horror films, that its getting hard to find quality flicks i'm still unfamiliar with.

All i'm asking is that fellow Bidites give me some solid horror recommendations.. Hidden gems, obscurities, etc... I dig movies with subtitles, and i usually appreciate a slow burn and character development over hack-and-slash instant gratification. However, my taste isn't cut and dried. I have an open mind for anything with perceived merit. I get just as much satisfaction watching Sleepaway Camp, as i do watching Jacob's Ladder. (albeit for different reasons)

Just to give you guys an idea of my taste in horror, my favorite current director is Ti West. I'm a big fan of David Lynch and conder most of what he does to be in the horror genre.

Some of my favorite horror films: Black Christmas Let The Right One In

House of the Devil Friday The 13th Part 4

The Evil Dead Funny Games (although i don't plan on ever watching it again)

For anyone who saw V/H/S, the aspect of Second Honeymoon that really got to me was the realism of it.. It wasn't far-fetched at all. It was terrifying to me because i believed it could actually be true. It'd be great if someone can recommend a movie like this..

Please give me your valued recommendations!!

Thanks!!!!!
AgnesItsMeBilly Sunday 12/09/2012 at 12:57 AM | 99176
Try These. They're all slow burns, and I think they're all really good.

Don't Look Now The Tenant Alice, Sweet Alice The Sentinel (1977) Rosemary's Baby The Innkeepers Seson 9 Joshua (2007) The Changeling (1974) Burnt Offerings
Anonymous Sunday 12/09/2012 at 02:02 PM | 99182
These are exactly what i'm look for, Brian! I can tell because Seson 9, Innkeepers, and Don't Look Now are all some of my favorites and very scary. This handful should keep me busy for a week or two. I just added Burnt Offerings to my Netflix instant queue.

Cheers, mate!
AgnesItsMeBilly Sunday 12/09/2012 at 07:28 PM | 99185