While all your friends are celebrating this seasons holiday festivities in true Christmas fashion, we beg you to be this different. Make a stand, and show your true love for The Walking Dead by bringing a batch of cookies to your holiday party that even Jolly Old Saint Nick won't be able to refuse.
So march out to the grocery store, then fire up the oven and grab your apron, cause we're gonna show you how to make a batch of cookies that will stand out above all the rest.
This recipe comes straight from Not Your Momma’s Cookie, and it’s based on The Walking Dead vinyl figures from Funko;
Custom cut sugar cookies
Black icing, outline and flood
Brown icing, outline and flood
Skin colored icing to match Rick’s skin tone, outline and flood (Wilton’s copper food coloring is great for making light colored skin tones)
Yellow-y/tan icing, outline and flood
Gold luster dust
Brown food writer pen
Couplers, pastry bags, #2 and #1 tips
1. Outline Rick’s hat and pants with the brown icing ung a #2 tip (I used a #2 tip for all of the initial outlining). Flood immediately with brown icing.
2. Outline and flood Rick’s white with the yellow-y/tan icing.
3. Outline and flood Rick’s face and arms with the skin colored icing.
4. Outline and flood Rick’s shoes, gun, and belt with the black icing. Allow cookie to dry for several hours.
5. Add additional details:
Re-outline cookie with all colors with a #1 tip
Add belt buckle with yellow-y/tan icing with a #1 tip
Add finger lines and a cute button nose with skin colored icing and a #1 tip
Add gun details with black icing and a #1 tip
Add stars on Rick’s hat and shirt with the yellow-y/tan icing
Rick’s eyes with black icing
6. I wanted a couple more hours and then painted the gold luster dust mixed with vodka on Rick’s belt buckle and stars. I also added his grumpy eyebrows with a brown food writer.
Source: Not Your Momma's Cookies