Forums Horror Movie Talk
What The Future of Horror Should Look Like - Remake Sequels, Rape/Revenge & Slasher Flicks

As were into the first month of the new year Ive been thinking about horrors past as well as horrors present. Of course today there are alot of remakes and im fine with that and there have been good original movies like Indious in 2010 and the Woman in Black around this time last year. Thats just to name a few.

The remakes I loved were The Last House on the left and I Spit on your Grave.I also loved A Nightmare on Elm Street, Friday the 13th remakes.The Halloween was alright but not great by any means. Night of the Demons was an awesome remake also. Going into the future there are somethings that will really put the horror genre over the top and make it trully great for all horror fans.

First of all we need sequels to A Nightmare on Elm Street and Friday the 13th remakes. Thats a must. I would also like to see some Night of the Demons sequels and Shannon Elizabeth needs to come back. Her performance was awesome. We also need some more rape/revenge movies.Theres a maket there for them I believe .They need to have extended rape scenes and torture scenes in them. Im not going to go into this too much as I wrote a post on the subject i'll post the link here ( viewtopic.php?f=279&t=20693 ) so the newbies that hasn't had a chance to see it can check it out. It was my best post on here.

I think there are some new horror slashers that could emerge with that subject matter if the writters are interested in writing them and the studios puts them out. I feel there really needs to be more original horror films also.I have nodoubt there are creative people in Hollywood that should beable to come up with two or three good original horror films a year. If Hollywood uses this formula I believe were in for a great future in horror because I believe this is the formula for success.

http://i49.tinypic.com/2mdhqc4.jpg" class="photoborder" />
horrorlord Wednesday 1/09/2013 at 04:40 AM | 99534
Rape & Revenge movies are one of my favorite genres. I hear there is a sequel to the I Spit On Your Grave remake on the way. It makes me wonder what it would be called.
Detective Cameron Thursday 1/10/2013 at 01:48 AM | 99549
@Detective Cameron.Those movies are awesome.I heard about the I Spit on your Grave sequel.Im really looking forward to it.Let's hope for fans like us the studios will start to make more in the future.I feel also they could have other horror movies with the rape concept in them.There's a bunch of thing's they could do with it.
horrorlord Thursday 1/10/2013 at 04:21 AM | 99557
As a son and a husband of childhood rape victims,the thought of anyone getting any joy out of rape/revenge films ckens me...For me personally,rape is the most despicable crime a human being can commit and there is absolutely nothing entertaining about watching it on screen...I'm just one man stating an opinion I'm entitled to,I guess,so to each his/her own...
mikeykreep Thursday 1/10/2013 at 03:53 PM | 99566
Its all about the revenge not so much the rape. Slow your roll.
Detective Cameron Thursday 1/10/2013 at 08:44 PM | 99571
I gotta agree on the ladder with Mikey on this one. Ill take a good old fashion demon posseson any day.

I have never liked the rape/revenge films, just not my thing. I dont need the rape to inform me that the bad guys are bad, and I dont need the characters to go threw that type of tuation to find a revenge story. You can say its more about the Revenge and less about the Rape and thats all well and good, as always to each his own, but Its just never been a catagory of Horror that I have ever had any respect for.
Harvey0005 Friday 1/11/2013 at 05:31 AM | 99578
I agree with mikey,

are you kidding me extended rape scenes? if anything I want shorter rape scenes, dont get me wrong I love the 2nd act of those type of movies where they get revenge but I don't find any entertainment from seeing rape scenes on screen
darkbladeclan Friday 1/11/2013 at 08:17 PM | 99581
Look the reason I feel the rape scenes should be longer is because it makes for a better horror movie if the revenge is just as vicious.They go hand in hand.If you remember the original I Spit on your Grave it had an extended rape scene and well you all know what the woman did to the guy in the bath tub.Those scenes were a perfect fit in the film.When I say the studios could do more with the rape thing.Im thinking posble newly developed slashers.Even though it wouldn't be exacly rape revenge technically it would be the same result (because we all know what the girl does to the guy wearing the mask at the end.Plus it's come to my attention that rape in films is a sore subject for some people.That in it's self adds shock value to the film and thats what horror is suppoed to be about (no boundries movies).I do want to make clear to everyone that I do not condone acts of violence against women under any circumstances except for in the world of entertainment like film.If I felt in anyway that by studios making these types of films influenced real life violence against women I would be totally against them but the reality is violent films do not influence violent behavior in the real world. With that being said im fine with films that have that concept in them.I would even be fine with comicbooks which has rape theme in them (if anyone knows of any let me know).I would even be fine with video game companies making video games.A rape revenge video game would be awesome and it would be a great seller if it was made correctly.My point is whether your watching rape revenge or a slasher flick it's all great entertainment which makes for alot of fun.
horrorlord Saturday 1/12/2013 at 03:53 PM | 99601
While i understand why everyone is upset and disagreeing with the longer rape scenes (especially you mikey)

I also understand why he thinks there should be longer rape/torture scenes. To be honest, watching Last House on the Left in theatres was horrible. Not that it wasnt a good movie, but the rape scene for me was horrible. It was uncomfortable and dreadful to t through. However, it did its job. It was horrible, disgusting, heartbreaking and above all real. You may not need to see a bad guy rape someone just so you know they are a bad guy, but when you read or hear of a true murder that happened....they usually always have something to do with rape...and it usually makes them feel that much more wrong.

So from a horror stand point i understand where he is coming from
JohnCorley92 Sunday 1/13/2013 at 12:34 AM | 99615