Forums Horror Movie Reviews
Hizzah for HITCHCOCK! Terrific Cast Blends With Great Storytelling (Review)

"Hitchcock" works splendidly, mainly due to the principle cast that makes it so. Anthony Hopkins immerses into the role of Hitchcock, while Helen Mirren creates her own depiction of the great woman behind the man. The biggest surprise for me was a knock-out performance by Scarlett Johansson, as leading lady Janet Leigh, which will not go unnoticed.

However, this comedic-drama exists only for the sake of reminiscing about the man we all conder a cinematic genius, Alfred Hitchcock, as the film holds little merit bedes taking us on a cinematic journey through what the production of "Psycho" might have been like. And may I emphaze the phrase "might have been" as this film rarely feels authentic or truthful in almost any regard, especially with the odd choice to make Ed Gein a psychological mentor to Hitchcock throughout the film.

I wholeheartedly enjoy Hitchcock and his personality and antics, on pure face value, I would have taken any film depicting his life, especially a film with so many well cast performances, but ultimately, there will be future Hitchcock films that will reward light years ahead of this one, containing more heart and more historical merit.

indygogo Thursday 1/10/2013 at 12:03 AM | 99544