Forums Horror Collectibles
Ghostbusters Costume

OK time to make another one of my lifelong costume dreams come true. Every nce seeing this movie in theaters as a kid I wanted to be a Ghostbuster. I never got around to trying to make it as I was always too busy making horror costume dreams come true for myself and many others as well. So it is tough to find time for such a huge project. I also do not have power tools or a large work area so I held off as I knew that having those would come in handy for making the proton pack, ghost trap, and pke meter.

Unless I made them out of foam. But luckily Mattel released some awesome ghost traps and pke meters and is coming out with night vion goggles. The proton pack is the most difficult and time consuming prop to make if you want it done right. I will probably buy one made by someone who specializes in them as I want it to be durable and have all the lights and sounds. But I might make one for fun if I get time. But regardless it IS GOING TO HAPPEN! 29 years is long enough so it is time to get started! :) It may take a while as I want to do a ton of accessories but I hope to have it done by Spring or Halloween at the latest. But looking forward to starting this HUGE project! I was not sure I could make my Terminator costume either, and m1919a Browning either, and that was very tedious. But deep down I knew I could accomplish anything I put my mind to and I did. So let the build begin! Who ya gonna call?! "Ghostbusters!"
sirbrad Thursday 1/10/2013 at 12:36 AM | 99546
Also scored the awesome 12 inch Matty Collector figures finally!

sirbrad Thursday 1/10/2013 at 07:46 PM | 99569
Some Ghostbusting busting fuel added.

sirbrad Monday 1/14/2013 at 03:43 AM | 99643
Some more inspiration just in!

Stay Puft Marshmellow Man "Gozer The Destroyer" Diorama

Wanted this for a long time now and finally got it! Added some custom figures and little cars to the diorama. Ghostbuster are a little big even in 6 inch scale so used some Army guys for now. This is HUGE and it is not even all together yet!

sirbrad Thursday 1/17/2013 at 01:18 AM | 99700
Matty Collector PKE meter with awesome electronic effects. Also a C-Cell Angle Head Flashlight like the video game.

sirbrad Saturday 1/19/2013 at 01:15 PM | 99745
Ever nce I started making this costume I noticed that what little junk I got for a reward for working out so hard was disappearing, and finally found the culprit!

sirbrad Tuesday 1/22/2013 at 07:43 PM | 99803
He is eating me out of house and home!

sirbrad Wednesday 1/23/2013 at 07:22 PM | 99819