Forums DVD & Blu-rays
A Nightmare on Elm Street Blu-ray Collection Will Now Be Available Non-Exclusively

Late last year, US fans were treated to an awesome 5-disc NOES collection for the first time featuring all seven original Nightmare on Elm Street films on Blu-ray. However, because production was only intended to be sold to Best Buy outlets excluvely, this mega-box set got snatched up fast.

Well, all that's in the past now as we just learned that Warner Home Video will now be re-releang the Blu-ray boxed set as a "non-excluve" release to nationwide retailers on March 5th. Once again spanning five discs, this set can now be had by all.

Featured in the collection are the films A Nightmare On Elm Street (1984), Freddy's Revenge (1985), Dream Warriors (1987), The Dream Master (1988), The Dream Child (1989), Freddy's Dead: The Final Nightmare (1991) and Wes Craven's New Nightmare (1994), plus a bonus disc with extra feature content including an all new featurette 'Fear Himself: The Life And Crimes Of Freddy Krueger'. Contains 7 movies on 5 discs (4 Blu-ray Discs for main features and 1 DVD for extra content).

Expect 1080p transfers and 5.1 DTS-HD Master Audio tracks on all the incluve Nightmare films, along with the following bonus features:

The Freddy Krueger Special:

Easter Egg Freddy's Nightmares Episode 2: It's a Miserable Life Freddy's Nightmares Episode 3: Killer Instinct "Welcome to Prime Time" A Nightmare on Elm Street: "It Really Happened" A Nightmare on Elm Street: "A Childhood Memory" A Nightmare on Elm Street: "Sometime in the Early 80s"

A Nightmare on Elm Street: "So It Began" A Nightmare on Elm Street: Beauty and the Beast" A Nightmare on Elm Street: "Making the Glove" A Nightmare on Elm Street: "Shapeshifter" A Nightmare on Elm Street: "The Shoot" A Nightmare on Elm Street: "The Revolving Room" A Nightmare on Elm Street: "All's Well That Ends Well" A Nightmare on Elm Street: "Talalay's Tally"

Source: HDR
Anonymous Thursday 1/10/2013 at 02:40 AM | 99555
Are you freaking kidding me.I already bought the first film collection on dvd.How about Warner releases Freddy's Nightmares on dvd intead of the Nightmare on Elm Street collection yet again.It was released on dvd so many times i lost count.Come on Warner give us fans Freddy's Nightmares instead of teang us with a few episodes in the bonus features on this blu-ray collection.That great series deserves better treatment than that.
horrorlord Thursday 1/10/2013 at 04:04 AM | 99556
I emailed WB awhile back on this set. I asked about the visual & audio quality. They didn't mention that any of them would be remastered. I'm guesng though that the original is the same disc that's been out now for the last fews years now. Hopefully, Blu-Ray.com will review this collection, so people will know exactly what they're going to be spending they're money on.

I also see it's going to be for 59.99. It's 47.00 on WB's te. Or at least it was.
Dimiter Thursday 1/10/2013 at 05:09 AM | 99564