Forums Horror Movie Talk
MAMA Vs. Leatherface - Who Will Win or Should Win The Battle?

With Guillermo del Toro's MAMA set to hit theaters next week (Jan. 18th) one has to wonder if it will knock the negatively received Texas Chainsaw 3D off its mountain of success earning nearly $20 million dollars in its opening weekend. With a RottenTomatoes rating of just 19% I normally don't pay much attention to mainstream reviews on cult horror flicks, but this is a rating from Rotten Tomatoes that I have to agree with. Many of us in the horror world have likened the movie to a SyFy installment and not a true piece of cinema gold.

With MAMA having the supernatural ties some are wondering if it will have enough muster to beat Leatherface who almost gets a by mply because of the history and cult love that chainsaw wielding, skin wearing beast gets. If MAMA doesn't overthrow TCM3D one has to wonder what state the horror genre is in and what it says about our beloved genre. Having been able to screen both films I know deep down in my heart which film should come out on top but will the true deserving winner prevail? This horror writer hopes that we fans get it right.

We shall wait and see until the 18th. Until then what is your thoughts?

Shakelford, J. Rusty Saturday 1/12/2013 at 02:31 PM | 99598
Well I haven't seen either film but even if these films both suck, there are always new horror films coming out so it's just a matter of time before a really good one comes out on top! I feel like MAMA will be a bunch of the Haunting in Connecticut style cgi that I'm not fond of at all and TC3D will probably be some horrid acting with a subpar script but I would rather watch TC3D nce I'm a fan of leatherface.
Sephit Saturday 1/12/2013 at 08:05 PM | 99604
I think Mama has the potential to be great, and from just the short on YouTube that inspired it...i know it is chilling. However, i think its like you said. Mama will obviously be the better movie, but it isnt a franchise...and sadly TC3D could beat it. Even tho they had terrible actors, half assed script...and bacally no 3D...for got sakes your title says '3D' -.-
JohnCorley92 Sunday 1/13/2013 at 12:03 AM | 99614
I think MAMA will won the battle from these two amazing Horror movies.
JaceyCarter Wednesday 1/16/2013 at 06:47 AM | 99684