Forums Breaking Horror News and Rumors
The "Friday the 13th: Part 2" Remake Sequel That Will Happen....Maybe!

It has been widely speculated that yet another Friday The 13th movie will be released posbly this year due to Texas Chainsaw 3D doing so well, but most likely 2014 will be the year (if it happens) building off the last installment in 2009. Still, we like the Friday The 13th series, we would welcome another movie… unless it’s a bad take on the franchise, lets not go to Manhattan again please.

The next installment of Friday The 13th is still in the writing stages, but rumors are abundant of the plot, with some of them being confirmed. Rumor has it, the next Friday The 13th movie in 2014

will be set in the winter, it will not be in 3D and they will improve on the kills. Could we see Jason venting his anger on snowboarders, and snowmobilers? Perhaps he unleashes his machete on hockey players and engages in deadly snowball fights?

We have also been told that the film may take another twist, and go the way of ‘found footage’. The studio may not only switch the setting from a snowy background, but also turn it into a “foundfootage” film like “Paranormal Activity” and “The Blair Witch Project.”…. I hate this angle and hope they don’t do it, nce this has been done to death. TO DEATH! Please don’t make the new Friday The 13th into a found footage film.. please!

One other veron that is being rumoured .. .and we like the most.. suggests the movie could be a prequel. We don’t really know much about Jason, his mom and the background at Crystal Lake, and here is the time to tell the story. Ok, so here’s the rumour …

A prequel that showed Jason’s mother being raped and beaten by her satanic husband. Jason’s mother was pregnant when the possessed fetus starts communicating with her, commanding her to kill her husband.

He beat her badly which caused Jason to be malformed, which makes sense. Jason looks really fucked up when he leaps from the lake in the first film, his beatings in the womb may explain this angle.

Mrs. Pamela Voorhees ends up giving birth to Jason near Crystal Lake.

Voorhees is working at a nearby diner when a camp counselor hires her as a camp cook and convinces her and

Jason to move onto the camp grounds.

Jason gets picked on by the other children, he’s an outcast and a deformed one, making him an easy target. It all ends (or should I say begins) when one day the evil little bastards send him into the lake, telling him a girl wants to kiss him and he drowns. How he drowns is still a mystery, we believe he is pushed in the lake by the shitty kids, and they all watch him drown… thinking he’ll be ok.

Cool right? This plot makes way more sense than a found footage angle…

Friday the 13th: Part 2

While you wait for the next Friday The 13th movie, you can scare the shit out of your friends with this cute little ‘Crystal Lake Webcam‘ … also, check out the behind the scenes footage from our Friday The 13th movie page we created for the 2009 film.

Friday the 13th: Part 2 Release Date

Filming was supposed to begin in early 2011.. but it could be a late 2013 but probably a 2014 release date. There are a lot of rumours swirling about what is happening with the new Friday The 13th movie, but it looks like it is still a go.

Who’s In It?

Derek Mears has been confirmed as Jason, if it is a continuation of the series with an ‘older’ Vorhees running around with a hockey mask. Contrary to all the other rumours we heard, nobody else is confirmed yet.

We’ll keep you updated on the latest Friday The 13th News.

The Good

The rumour of a back-story here is potive. We really have no idea of Jason’s real background, why his mother was the way she was…. where her evil came from. That being said, people want to see Jason, not sure if there is enough here to warrant a movie about the Vorhees past. The thought of a new take on the series is exciting.

The Bad

They can’t get this right. They are trying to take the ’13th’ series in a new direction but are failing at every turn. The 2009 FT13 was just so so, they blew a ton of opportunities...I haven't lost faith in them turning the series around but they need to be on their A game.

Our Prediction

A new Friday The 13th will still rake in the cash, and have enough little hotties running around to make us check it out.

http://www.horrorbid.com/images/blog/1648.
Shakelford, J. Rusty Sunday 1/13/2013 at 09:08 PM | 99636
I really hope they don't go the prequel route. Take Texas Chainsaw for example, great remake, very successful...went with a bacm story...and it failed. Bedes for every person interested in a backstory, there are 2 that have no interest. I think if they and we are wanting a few more Friday the 13th films they need to make it a sequel...and dont just mash up 6-9 like you did for 2009 with 1-4 -.-
JohnCorley92 Sunday 1/13/2013 at 10:49 PM | 99637
I'm of course all for a new Friday The 13th movie because I love Jason.

I love the idea of it being in winter because visually it would be ck to see some kills in the snow & see breath fuming out of Jason's hockey mask.

The cinematography would be awesome!

I hate the idea of it being found footage because as stated, it's been done to death.

I'm also not for it being a prequel either.

Nothing really has to be explained about Jason's birth/upbringing/drowning because it's well known for the most part & what's not well-known doesn't have to be known.

And bedes, ending a movie with someone drowning just sounds stupid.

Just do a new sequel, bring back Derek Mears to try & keep a bit of continuity for once, & let's get some bloody winter hack'n'slash action!
attitudeinc Monday 1/14/2013 at 12:56 AM | 99640
Im looking forward to a sequel.The 2009 remake was awesome.I hope to see Jared Padalecki return in the sequel.I don't want to see a prequel or found footage.An indepth back story wouldn't fit the franchise.It worked with the Texas Chainsaw Massacre the begining but wouldn't work for Friday the 13th franchise.I don't care for Jason in the snow but who knows it may be alright.I didn't like the idea of Jason in space but when i saw Jason X it was pretty good.I know the found footage and prequel idea's are aweful.Let's hope they get the ball rolling on the sequel soon and after that they can do a sequel to A Nightmare on Elm Street 2010.It was an impresve movie too.
horrorlord Monday 1/14/2013 at 01:24 AM | 99641
I agree, the visuals in the snow would be AMAZING. Plus the Sharp/harsh contrast of the white splattered with blood ;) Doesn't it just sound great?? It is also something not a lot of horror films do, bedes a small few like Wrong Turn (which ever sequel it was) horror really doesn't take place in the snow. I think it would be cool to see it in 3D, the snow falling, Jason's breath...plus the depth of the shots could be amazing. They just have to do it right. This could actually be a VERY good sequel.
JohnCorley92 Monday 1/14/2013 at 02:46 AM | 99642
I have always thought about a Friday the 13th movie taking place in the snow nce when I was a kid. This was because I saw a poster of Part 3 3D on the internet and I thought it was Jason breaking through ice. And he had a hockey mask. Once I learned what Part 3 was about, I knew it had nothing to do with ice or winter. My idea for a Ft13 sequel was either to take place after FvJ, or the 2009 one. Preferably the 2009 one. I do not want to go the prequel route, but I wouldn't mind the Rob Zombie Halloween route, as long as it is not screwed up. It deals with Pamela's life and struggles leading up to Jason's death and seeing the emotional state she really goes through. It may retcon the 2009 one, because in that one it suggests that Jason was a kid in 1970/80. It then leads up to her first kill, and some brief sequences of her killing in 1979, dying, and Jason killing all the way up to the end of the last film. Then it starts to the movie. I don't know how Jason will end up going to a Ski resort or ski area however or his motive.
jinpayne Monday 1/14/2013 at 04:23 AM | 99644
I dont exactly know if they are going to go the ski resort way...or just a family viting in the winter...either way it just needs to happen.

They could have built one in the 4 years nce the 2009 murders. Its on his land, people start coming...Jason is pissed. There have been some misng people nce it opened blah blah. It could work, they are just really gonna have to think and plan it all out.

I doubt they will do that tho, i really feel they are just going to play it safe...family vits on Christmas break or something =p and if they arent doing it in the snow...they might actually be dumb enough to have it in town or in a city. Maybe the police captured Jason, took his ass to jail?? He breaks out...who knows. I just hope they take some time and think it all out. I really dont want another TC3D happening again.
JohnCorley92 Monday 1/14/2013 at 04:34 AM | 99645
I started writing a prequel story to Friday the 13th..( the original) inwich the whole backstory of Pamela and Elias Voorhees is explaned. I even have a cool friendship written about Crazy Ralph and Pamela, who in their younger years are good friends, and later on Ralph knows about Pamela's revenge plans. If the new Friday will come, I hope they will do a prequel story with lots of little inde information..the fans aren't stupid, and would love some clever story within the camp grounds. In my story, Camp Crystal Lake gets build and thanks to Mr. Voorhees a lot of townpeople and poor children from outde the town get a nice summer. The story takes place in the mid-40's when Crystal lake is just a poor town, in dying need of money. Elias Voorhees is a rich man, hoping to expand his fortune and also looking for a soon to be bride. He is an alcoholic who likes to beat up women, and thus the story for him, Pamela and eventually young Jason begins
UberJason78 Monday 1/14/2013 at 11:46 AM | 99646
Im all for Jason in the snow :) iv seen it done in a fan film before and it looked pretty cool, the contrast of blood on the snow reminds me of that one scene in alien vs predator when scar cuts that guy and blood splatters everywhere that shot looked great especially in blu ray.

If 2014 is when its getting done ,Im just hoping I can get a lot of work done this year to build up a show reel maybe then I could be some sort of random crew member on the movie!

(ahh I can dream haha)
darkbladeclan Monday 1/14/2013 at 05:46 PM | 99647
Check out this Friday the 13th Part 9 script! It's written in the same spirit of TC3D except with way better dialogue.

http://crystallakeafterdark.proboards.com/index.cgi?action=display&board=fanfilms&thread=14313

It's 1/3rd of the film! If WB green lights the script the next 2/3rds will be written! If anyone knows any contacts, make it happen!
TheSkeletonCrew Monday 1/14/2013 at 09:28 PM | 99648
That was ealy one of the absolute worst remakes ever made. Dead god I hope they can do better.

I have always thought about a Friday the 13th movie taking place in the snow nce when I was a kid.Agreed. I've always wanted to see a Friday the 13th movie set in winter. Just have a bunch of teens going on a ski trip. I want bloody footprints in the snow, crackling fires, and victims stepping out on the cracking ice of a frozen Crystal Lake.
Boisv Monday 1/14/2013 at 10:03 PM | 99649
Great article Shackle. Thanks for sharing.

So let's see, Walking in a Vorhees Wonderland eh?

Well, how about this...the film starts out for the first 30 minutes as a prequel to establish the story of the Vorhees family. Then it moves into the future/winter. Now forgive me as I am a little behind on my F13 history, but perhaps the abandoned camp could be involved in some type of development project by a greedy investor who chooses work over the holidays. He promises bonuses and such if the construction is done before spring. Jason of course starts killing off construction workers one by one because they are destroying his "territory". Heavy equipment stunts, etc. This way it isn't the typical "group of kids" routine.

I don't know, just an idea.
aceofspades70 Monday 1/21/2013 at 04:52 AM | 99778
Great article Shackle. Thanks for sharing.

So let's see, Walking in a Vorhees Wonderland eh?

Well, how about this...the film starts out for the first 30 minutes as a prequel to establish the story of the Vorhees family. Then it moves into the future/winter. Now forgive me as I am a little behind on my F13 history, but perhaps the abandoned camp could be involved in some type of development project by a greedy investor who chooses work over the holidays. He promises bonuses and such if the construction is done before spring. Jason of course starts killing off construction workers one by one because they are destroying his "territory". Heavy equipment stunts, etc. This way it isn't the typical "group of kids" routine.

I don't know, just an idea.

I like that, show the actual construction. I posted an idea kind of like in the previous comments. Saying that its been 4 years nce the last movie, they could ealy have built something there. Or in this case started. It would make things a little more interesting to see adults instead of Jason killing high/sex addicted teens for a 7th movie =p (Not every Friday movie has been Jason/or have to do with teens -.- i know how many Friday/Jason movies there are) plus gives the chance for some great 3D with the different equipment, also for some brutal kills.

Question to the HorrorBid community...would you want Jason to have another fake death? Or have him be the only survivor? I mean, we are all going to want to see a sequel...and if the next installment is sucessful there is no doubt the studio will want a sequel...so why "kill" him again? If you do think he should be "killed" how would you do it? There are only so many ways to "kill" Jason...especially without actually killing him.

Id still rather not see a prequel...i mean EVERYONE knows the Jason back story. If youve seen ANY of the Friday/Jason movies, then youve heard it multiple times. They all explain it. I think he is a character that doesnt need a back story that is seen on film. Bedes, it would really be more about Pamela...and as great as that could be Jason is the money maker here...and the dominate of the two. I mean, do you really want to t through 1 1/2 hours of a story you already know? Sure you could make it a little different, even dive a little deeper...but everyone knows where its going.(Not to dismiss your idea Sybren, as a story i think it could be great. Much more compelling in book/story form. Im strictly speaking for film)
JohnCorley92 Monday 1/21/2013 at 05:16 AM | 99780
Three keys to a successful Friday The 13th movie are as follows:

1) Camp Crystal Lake 2) Pot smoking, promiscuous teenagers 3) Jason kills a lot of people
iamthebearman Wednesday 1/23/2013 at 01:24 PM | 99816