Forums DVD & Blu-rays
The Scream Factory Reveals The Specs For The Blu-ray/DVD Release Of 'FROM BEYOND'

Eager to get your grubby hands on the Scream Factory's upcoming Blu-ray release of FROM BEYOND, but unsure of what kinda goodies are gonna be loaded on the release? Well, you can now rest easy because all the details that you've been craving have finally been revealed. Read on for more:

This spring 2013, Scream Factory further invites horror enthuasts and movie collectors to feast their eyes on more gory goodness and spark their senses when H.P. Lovecraft’s FROM BEYOND Collector’s Edition – Unrated Director’s Cut Blu-ray + DVD combo pack unleashes on Blu-ray and DVD on March 26, 2013.

This marks the first time that FROM BEYOND has been released on Blu-ray. The disc will feature an anamorphic widescreen presentation, exciting bonus content, newly rendered retro-style artwork, a reverble wrap with theatrical key art and more! FROM BEYOND Collector’s Edition – Unrated Director’s Cut Blu-ray + DVD combo pack is priced to own at $29.93.

**Avid horror movie fans and collectors take note: Those who pre-order FROM BEYOND from Scream Factory will receive the respective excluve 18”x24” poster featuring the newly commisoned artwork! Only 300 posters for FROM BEYOND will be produced and only be made available while supplies last.**

FROM BEYOND Collector’s Edition – Unrated Director’s Cut: Humans are such easy prey.

H.P. Lovecraft's clasc tale of suspense became "a grisly amalgam of sex, shock and satire" (Newsweek) in the hands of the creators of Re-Animator. And now, armed with shocking never-before-seen footage and special features and on Blu-ray for the first time, this "bloody good entertainment" (Time) has evolved into one of the most gruesomely riveting film experiences of all time!

The Resonator, a powerful machine that can control the xth sense, has killed its creator and sent his associate into an insane asylum. But when a beautiful psychiatrist becomes determined to continue the experiment, she unwittingly opens the door to a hostile parallel universe... and to the deviant behavior within the human psyche. With its victims becoming creatures who feed on - and become aroused by - human brains, the Resonator is the ultimate man-made monster. And now something's gone horribly wrong and no one can turn it off!

ALL-NEW SCREAM FACTORY EXTRAS:

Audio Commentary with writer Dennis Paoli MULTIPLE DIMENONS – A look at the film’s extenve Make-Up & Creature Effects with Special Effects Creators John Buechler, Anthony Doublin, John Naulin, and Mark Shostrom (20 mins) PAGING DR. MCMICHAELS – An interview with Actress Barbara Crampton (15 mins) A TORTURED SOUL – An interview with Actor Jeffrey Combs (15 mins) AN EMPIRE PRODUCTION – An interview with Executive Producer Charles Band (5 mins)

EXTRAS CARRIED OVER FROM THE MGM 2007 DVD RELEASE:

Audio Commentary with director Stuart Gordon and the cast THE DIRECTOR’S PERSPECTIVE - interview with Stuart Gordon THE EDITING ROOM: LOST AND FOUND - Gordon Stuart and MGM restoration team interview Interview with composer Richard Band Storyboard to Film Comparions with Introduction Two photo galleries

Source: Shout Factory
Anonymous Friday 1/18/2013 at 11:34 PM | 99731
I for one can't wait for this! I love this friggin movie! Nizzle buy me a copy! You owe me, I beat you on that Leatherface story!!!!!
Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Friday 1/18/2013 at 11:44 PM | 99733
Haha. The Scream Factory should hook us up with screeners once in awhile. We cover all their releases and don't get squat in return. Lol.
Anonymous Saturday 1/19/2013 at 02:22 AM | 99735
Haha. The Scream Factory should hook us up with screeners once in awhile. We cover all their releases and don't get squat in return. Lol.

Well I think we should declare WAR on The Scream Factory! AGREED????
Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Saturday 1/19/2013 at 03:36 AM | 99736
am i right in remembering Scream Factorys blu rays are always region locked?. thats really not much fun
scarecroww Saturday 1/19/2013 at 09:49 AM | 99741