Forums Breaking Horror News and Rumors
Kevin Williamson Reveals The Original Plot for Scream 3

A lot of us can agree, with little to no argument, that Scream 3 wasn't the most popular entry into the film series. I personally liked it myself, and there were other horror fans that also did, but most people didn't dig it at all because of the lackluster storyline.

However, according to Entertainment Tonight, who recently spoke to Kevin Williamson about his upcoming show the Following, an entirely different storyline existed for the film.

"In my original story for Scream 3 the killers were bacally a fanclub of Woodsboro kids that had formed because of Stab 1 and Stab 2,” he tells the te. “They were all doing the killings, and the big surprise of the movie was when dney walked into the house after Ghostface had killed everyone… and they all rose up. None of them were actually dead, and they’d planned the whole thing. The motive was their quest for fame so I just placed that into one character with ‘Scream 4′. They were trying to top

Woodsboro story so they could be the legacy of their hometown. All those ideas metamorphosed into 'The Following'."

It sounds like a twist much like in the April Fools Day movie. I fell as if Williamson had went this route I wouldn't have enjoyed the film as much. What's your thoughts on this matter? Do you like Scream 3 the way it is or would you have liked to seen it with Williamson's original plot?

Source: ET
horrorlord Tuesday 1/22/2013 at 06:02 PM | 99801
Uhg. Goes to show not every idea is a keeper. Im so glad this didnt actually happen...i would have probably hated this movie (as now i just think its the worst out of the 4) if it went this way.
JohnCorley92 Tuesday 1/22/2013 at 09:10 PM | 99804
I am not a fan of Scream 3 at all. Apart from the opening scene, I hated it. But that ending would have sucked. Purely because April Fool's Day already exists.... so it would have been a twist we'd seen before
joshk1986 Tuesday 1/22/2013 at 10:28 PM | 99805
Thanks for the information on this tuation. It is always fun to sponge up facts into the brain about things such as this. Scream 3, in my opinion, was an okay film. If it would have had the alternative plot, one could argue that it would have been a stinker, yet you never know. Best that it is the way it is. Time has a way of working things out. Take care all.
wabisabi333 Wednesday 1/23/2013 at 12:28 AM | 99806
Scream 3 wasn't my favorite, but as the years past by, I really started to like the movie. Still part 2 is my favorite, but the whole Scream-series so far, have a good quality and constency that a lot of other filmsagas didn't hold up. Even part 4 has a good feel, a big part of that has to do with the original cast, and the same writers. I still have the feeling that the series is not over yet, but I hope they will end it with a part 5, and not go the same route as the Friday the 13th series or other series with more then 4 sequels. Scream has a good storyline, and it would be very difficult to take that seriously when there comes a part 6 or 7 . These movies still have a touch of class, I hope they keep it that way.

p.s. Friday the 13th is still my favorite franchise series, so sorry for the comparring
UberJason78 Wednesday 1/23/2013 at 12:59 PM | 99814