Forums Horror Movie Talk
A "Suspiria" Remake - Could it be a Real Possibility? We have the Scoop!

Greetings my fellow Bidites! I have always enjoyed Dario Argento's Immortal clasc "Suspiria" and with the talk of a remake,

I am not so sure how to take it. Those kind of topics can always be a 50/50 type of deal. Horrorbid has the scoop for you all.David Gordon Green (PINEAPPLE EXPRESS, YOUR HIGHNESS) was attached to direct the Suspiria remake and he even expressed interest in doing it with Natalie Portman starring.

So where is it? Well it seems that the rights to the film are caught up in a bunch of legal mumbo-jumbo.

According to IndieWire.com, the Suspiria remake “which seemingly had its funding and was set to shoot until things went quiet,” is completely caught up in the legal system:

“Suspiria is caught up in legal crap so who knows what will ever happen to that,” Green explained. “That kind of falls into the ‘Confederacy Of Dunces’ category of ‘someday I’d like to make these movies’ that I was once attached to and worked on, but they may never happen.”

Like I mentioned before my fellow lovers of horror, with this being such a dear movie to me, I'm very on the fence of this concept. On one hand I really think that with the correct team, a Suspiria remake has the chance to be successful. Such a scary story there to be worked with. On the other hand I really hope that it isn't a rushed thing just to make the all mighty dollar which in turn tarnishes the name of clasc film.

What do you think Bidites? I would love to hear your thoughts on this topic. Good or bad, your opinions are always welcome.Source- AnythingHorror.com
wabisabi333 Sunday 2/10/2013 at 08:06 PM | 100054
Natalie Portman would do a great job but she wouldn't touch what Jesca Harper did for the role.

On a de note, what would be effective, to me, would be to use a high profile actress to play the role of the girl who get hung at the beginning.

Of course that is just what happened in Scream, so who knows...
Madloomis78 Sunday 2/10/2013 at 08:41 PM | 100055
No doubt Madloomis78, it will be hard to find someone to deliver as Jesca Harper did. I like the idea of a high profile actress being used in the hanging scene. I think that idea would be very effective. The Scream style of it in my opinion wouldn't

be a big deal. Many films have so many milarities these days. Hopefully all will be well with this great movie. Thanks for the input man.
wabisabi333 Sunday 2/10/2013 at 09:39 PM | 100056
Despite his recent foray into mainstream comedies. David Gordon Green is actually a very good director (just check out his very Terrence Malick influenced earlier films).

I am confident that if (and that is a big "if") this project ever takes shape, Green will do it justice. However, I doubt Portman would be involved because Suspiria is superficially too milar to Black Swan. It is interesting to think about the posbilities though.
Preston Eleven Sunday 2/10/2013 at 09:41 PM | 100057