Forums Horror Movie Talk
"Ouija" -Original Story- Chapter Five

CHAPTER FIVE

The night had been unbearably long, yet morning came too soon. Diane had agreed to keep Hayden and Leighton over night, and take them to school in the morning. The house was empty bedes Angelina, who sat at the dinning room table. She rested her head in her hands, trying to focus on the spirit board. Her eyes were dripping with tears, as her heart began to leak all hope. Through her blurred vion, she watched as her tears landed upon the wooden board one by one. She had been staring at it for hours, trying to find anything that could help her. Angelina searched in her past, and tried to conjure up a memory. One that could potentially help their tuation. Everything pointed to a priest, and that plan had failed miserably. Rubbing her forehead she began to grow tired of staring at the useless information.Wiping her tears away, she started to pack up the board. Placing the wood inde the box, she lifted the lid. The neat, curve handwriting caught her eye. Intently she studied the ink, as her brain read the words without procesng.“Isabella Uley,” she whispered to herself.She came to the concluon, something might be of asstance in the information regarding this woman. Pushing the lid closed on the game board, she headed towards her room. Opening the closet door, she placed the box on the top shelf. With force, she closed the door. Viciously she shook the handle, making sure the latch was caught. With her eyes fixed on the door, she stepped backwards into her room.By the window, on the nightstand, her car keys and phone shimmered in the light. Taking them from their degnated spot, she slipped the phone into her pocket, and slid her finger into the key ring. Angelina didn’t have to leave the house to find out the information she was searching for, however it was an excuse she wasn’t going to pass up. Not that one was needed.Taking a deep breath, she stared out her window. Across the street, a bright red gn caught her eye. Focung on the words, ‘For Sale,’ she began to ponder the posbility. Perhaps, whatever was haunting their house, could be outran. Jingling the keys, Angelina whistled for Sebastian. Stepping into the hallway she could see him peaking around the kitchen counter, his head cocked to the de.“Wanna go outde,” She asked enthuastically.With a soft bark, Sebastian responded to her tone. His tail shifted back and forth as she got closer, and with his eyes locked on hers he followed toward the door. Instantly, he broke free from the house, pacing the fence repeatedly. Smiling, she closed the door and started for her car.The drive was a blur, and as she pulled into the parking space at the bank, she tried to remember how she got there. The last thing she remembered was stopping at the corner before you left the neighborhood. Angry with herself, she let out a gh. Cutting off the engine, she removed the keys from the ignition and opened her door. The faint breeze chilled her skin as she stood, pulling her cardigan tight around her chest she headed for the entrance. Once inde she remembered why she hated coming. The lobby was dimly lit, and the stuffy atmosphere matched the attitudes of the employees.Forcing a smile, Angelina arrived at the front desk. The pudgy younger woman was talking on the phone, and with an agitated glance she looked over her. Widening her smile, Angelina made a conscious effort to appear as sarcastic and fake as posble.“How may I help you,” the receptionist’s irritated tone was an obvious plea to be left alone.“How are you today,” Angelina forced a conversation.

“Great,” she responded.

“That’s good,” Angelina waited for the woman to make eye contact before continuing.“How may I help you,” The lady finally looked up.

“Is Kathy Spencer here,” Angelina asked.

“She should be in her office, let me call and check.” The woman’s overly thick fingers pressed the numbers with force. “May I ask your name,” She questioned with agony.“Angelina Reese,” She said with a forced and noticeably fake tone.

“Yes, I have an Angelina Reese here requesting to meet with you.” There was a short pause, followed by a guttural sound barely escaping the woman’s lips. “She said go ahead,” The receptionist began to fidget with the computer’s mouse to avoid more eye contact.

“Thank you, you were truly a pleasure to deal with.” Angelina kept her eyes locked on the lady, with a grin that stretched ear to ear.Reaching her friends office, she was greeted with a happy tone.

“How are you doing Mrs. Reese?” Kathy asked.

“I am great, thank you for asking.” Angelina lied.

“Please have a seat,” Kathy motioned toward the overly cushioned chair.

Angelina watched as the tall woman fixed her dress suit, and hooked her chin length blonde hair behind her ear before she finally sat.

“What can I do for you today,” Kathy asked.

“Well, I was wanting to look into selling my home.” Angelina leaned forward, and forced a smile.Hoping that Kathy wouldn’t begin asking the twenty questions that came with any request, she took a deep breath. Listening to the sound of the keys being pressed at an above average speed, she watched.

“Well, I have to ask. Why on earth would you want to sell that beautiful home?” Kathy began the interrogation.

“Just looking to relocate, maybe get something with a pool.” Again she lied.

“Fair enough, its always a good idea to have a pool. Especially when you have four kids, then you don’t have to pay for the water park.” Kathy stated.

“Yeah,” Angelina agreed. Not sure how to follow that up, she just smiled.“Well, Mrs. Reese, we are running into a problem. It seems that the mortgage that was taken out on the house, is actually more than the value of the home. It will be close to imposble to sell the house for your remaining balance, let alone a small profit.” Kathy spoke sternly.

“So im paying more than my house is actually worth?” Angelina questioned.

“Well it is common for houses to lose their value over time. However if you were able to make a healthy payment towards your current mortgage, it would bring the amount owed down to an amount that we would be able to settle for. In the end, you wouldn’t exactly make a profit, but the house would be sold and we could finance you for a new home.” She tried making it sound as pleasant as posble.

“How much would a healthy portion be,” Angelina questioned.

“Well, if you could come up with around twenty to thirty thousand we could start this today. Then, once the house is sold, we assure you the lowest posble interest rates for financing a new home.” She responded.

Taking in the tuation, she tried to come up with a posble solution. In the end, there was no way that they could come up with that amount of money.“We had just bought this house maybe five years ago, how is it the value of the house has dropped that much?” Angelina questioned.

“Well Mrs. Reese, you initially bought the house for a price above its value on the market. That already placed you in a hole from the start, you were never going to be able to get back what you paid for it.” Kathy tried on a sad, yet reassuring smile.“You were the one that sold us the house,” Angelina replied.

Instantly Kathy’s expreson changed, “Well Angelina.” She began to stutter over her words.

“Thanks,” Angelina rose, ignoring Kathy’s calls.It was obvious that moving was out of the question, and as she pushed the bank’s door open she wondered if this was a reason to why the families never moved in horror movies. tting in the seat of her car, she fought back the tears.“Fuck,” She released in a breathy voice. Starting the car, she reversed out of the space. Hoping with her last bit of faith, she headed towards the library. The information on Isabella Uley was going to help, it had to.Following the standard procedure was, as always, time consuming. She was standing behind a woman, while waiting for her turn at the front desk, who was caring a small mountain of books. It was borderline amazing how many she was able to carry. Angelina couldn’t imagine she was going to be able to read them all in the degnated time given before the books were to be returned. The interaction with the young man behind the desk was short and pleasant, just how Angelina had hoped. After making her way to the farthest computer, towards the back of the room, she cautiously sat. Checking in each direction, she began to see if anyone was paying attention to her. She was sure the information she was looking for would be disturbing, yet interesting enough to evoke conversation. This was something she wanted to avoid, she had her fair share of people for one day.After many social network profiles, and multiple fan fiction forums, it was obvious Isabella Uley wasn’t as rare of a name as she thought. Adding the word, ‘séance’ she began a new search. Still, nothing was germane to the tuation. Going into page two of the search engine, she began to doubt how efficient this hunt would be. There was a large posbility that no one recorded the information, or if they had, that it would be on the internet. Again, she clicked the icon leading her to the next page of search results.At the bottom of the screen, second to the last posted web page, was a link that restored a small amount of hope. Opening the page, she was taken to a dark and depresng te. The background was black, and the letters were an equally dark shade of green. Angelina began to highlight the paragraphs to try and read what it said. Line after line, she read what she already knew. Letting out a deep gh, she hetantly scrolled down. A small patch of the te was blank, with a play symbol in the middle. Clicking the icon, the screen lit up. The footage was dated, and lacked color. It wasn’t quite black and white, but you couldn’t fully make out any of the colors. The camera was being controlled by a ngle person, who began circling the room. Stopping on a body mirror, the image stood still. A tall man in an weathered mechanics outfit could be seen in the reflection. ’Tim U.’ Could be seen in the sewn in a name tag on the upper left hand corner of his chest. The camera began to turn once more, and woman began to talk. She had long curly hair that bounced around her face, her features were tired, yet she didn’t look to be past her early thirties.Paung the video, she looked around her for a pair of earphones. Quickly getting up from her seat, she made her way to the front desk. Without standing in line, she stopped at the de and leaned forward.“Do you happen to have earphones? There is a video im trying to watch, and I don’t want to disturb anyone.” Angelina smiled, trying to come off as flirty as posble.

“Yeah, give me on second.” The man stopped what he was doing and knelt down.

In her peripheral vion, could see an older lady snarling in her direction. Staring at the older lady, Angelina smiled. Instantly the lady hissed in disgust.“Here you are,” He stated softly as he handed her a pair of ancient earphones that were made to fit around your head. The left de was taped on, and stuck in one potion.“Thanks,” she responded with a wink.Reaching the computer once more, Angelina plugged in the earphones and slowly started to raise the volume. * * * * * * *“Is it working,” The woman asked.

“I think so, I havent tried to work this thing nce I was a kid.” Tim replied.

“Tim im worried,” She stared into the camera as her curly hair bounced across her jaw line.

“I don’t know what else to do Mary,” Tim replied in a harsh tone.

“I feel like something bad is going to happen,” Mary looked away.

“You’re her best friend, she needs you right now.” He tried to reason with her.

“She is possessed Tim, not ck in bed with the flu.” The woman studied him momentarily.

“Mr. Uley, we are ready to begin.” A priest that appeared to be in his late fifties walked into the view of the camera.Mary stared at him, unsure of what they were about to do. She swallowed back the doubts, and took a deep breath. Slowly, she inched out of ght. The camera fell to his de, revealing they were in an attic. There were boxes everywhere, and bed in the distance. A figure could be seen tting on the mattress, inhumanly still. Tim let out a deep breath, and slowly took a step forward. The mirror began to focal point for many moments, as he fought with his emotions.Lifting the camera back up, he made his way towards the others. Mary stood next to the priest, who was joined by a tall dark skinned man. He had a stethoscope hanging from his neck, and an uncomfortable look on his face.“Before we begin with the exorcism, I would like to get Isabella’s consent on tape.” The priest glanced in Tim’s direction as he spoke.Isabella’s head began to tremble, looking as if she was fighting someone to be able to move her head. Staring into the camera, she shook violently. Her eyes were pouring with tears, and in a defeated voice agreed.“The date is Wednesday, March Twenty-Second, Nineteen Fifty. It is approximately Nine Fifty-Two at night, and at this time we are beginning the second attempt of the exorcism of Isabella Uley. I have with us today, Timothy Uley, Isabella’s husband. Mary Prescott, a dear friend. We are in the company of Doctor Samuel Moore, who will be helping myself keep an eye on Isabella’s phycal state. No matter what happens, I need all of you to continue reading the passage. If we are successful here tonight, the demon will be cast out from her body. But know this, if your faith is not strong, and you are not right with our lord Jesus Christ, there is a good posbility that when this demon is released; It could take over your body.” The priest made sure to connect with everyone in the room as he spoke.

Mary’s jaw was trembling with fear as she fought back the tears, and in the distance you could see Samuel’s eyes pacing the room. The camera then turned back to Isabella, who slowly turned her entire body towards her audience with one motion. Her hands were tied together by a thin chain wrapped multiple times around her wrists. Her feet were the mirror image of her hands, and both had small locks holding them closed. Her eyes began to flicker, as she fought for control of her body. Her jaw began to shift into different potions, as her eyes began to glaze over. Gradually her head twisted towards the floor, before stopping. Her eyes were caught, and her face became paralyzed.“Isabella,” Tim called quietly.

Instantly her head was upright, and her eyes were focused on him. Her lips twisted into a sadistic smile, as she stared into the camera. It was as if she was looking beyond the camera, to the person watching.“If you would all open to the Book of John, we will began reading 1:1 and make our way to 1:14. I will say the verse first, followed by your echo. Does everyone understand,” The priest glanced around the room.

Everyone agreed in unison, and within moments Isabella started to laugh. Her voice was torn, sounding as if two or more people were laughing at once. The tones ranged from low to high, and none sounded alike.“The Book of John? Please, tell me how fucking great the word is.” Isabella lunged forward, and was hanging in mid air. Her feet were pressed against the bed, but her knees never touched. It looked as if she was kneeling, as if she was praying. “I find it amung you have him here reading to her, after all it is his fault ive taken a liking to this whore.” Still her vocals were multiplied.

“In the beginning there was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was fully God.” The priest spoke loud and with authority.The three voices began to speak the same verse, and within moments Isabella joined them. Her voices ringing louder than the others. Before the priest could continue she began to speak.“efil saw mih ni. Detaerc neeb sah taht detaeted saw gniht eno ton mih morf trapa dna, mih yb detaerc erew sgniht lla. All things were created by him, and apart from him not one thing was created that has been created. In. Him. Was. Life. I could quote this shit backwards, you filthy priest. Do you honestly believe your verses are going to help you save this pathetic slut? Her soul is mine, and there isn’t a fucking thing you or your piece of shit savior can do about it.” Her voice growled deep enough to shake the wooden floor.The priest began to repeat the words the demon had spoke, again with as much authority as his voice could muster. The group began to repeat the words, and in the background a light jingling could be heard. Within moments it became more and more heavy, as the chains around Isabella’s wrists began to dintegrate.“We must restrain her,” The priest yelled.Samuel lunged forward, and as his hands reached for her arms, she evaded his attack. His body was lifted with little effort and tossed across the room with ease, his body collided with the priest. The event was almost too fast to catch, and before anyone could acknowledge what just took place, Isabella jumped from her tting potion. Her feet were planted on Mary’s shoulders, her hands were wrapped tightly around her jaw, and the weight caused her to topple over towards the camera. Tim began to back away from the two women, and as he screamed his wife’s name, Isabella twisted viciously caung Mary’s neck to crack loudly. Her head was turned completely around, and the skin around her neck was ripped open. As Isabella let go, her friends head rolled a few inches away from her body, still connected by a few strands of flesh.Dropping the camera to the floor, Timothy ran towards his wife. Samuel accompanied him, reaching for her once more. Isabella kicked Timothy forward, caung his body to fly over the camera, and out of ght. Doctor Moore grabbed her hair and pulled her backwards, within moments she had her hands around his throat. Dragging him towards the attic window, she hurled him forward. His head collided with the glass, repeatedly she beat his head into the cracking window.“In the name of Jesus, I rebuke you.” The priest yelled as he began to fling holy water onto her skin.A loud roar echoed through the room, and the light flickered before shutting off. In the complete darkness, you could hear as heavy belongings were tossed around. Grunting and slight hisng could be heard from all corners of the room.The camera was hit in the middle of the confuon, caung it to spin out of control. After several moments, the room fell lent and the camera stopped.“Timothy,” The priest called in concern.“Im alright,” His voice rang back.

The faint moonlight peering in through the windows was enough light to make out the mirror Tim was standing in front of earlier. Footsteps could be heard as the two men stumbled around in the darkness.“Father Monroe,” Timothy called.His foot bumped into the camera caung it to turn once more, the outline of Father Monroe could bee seen in the darkness. Picking up the camera, Timothy looked forward. The lights flickered, and after many seconds came back on. The room was bright and resembled a trailer park after a tornado.“Is he alright,” Timothy asked about Samuel.

“Can you stand,” Father Monroe asked.

“Yes r,” Samuel replied.The camera was still facing the mirror, and Timothy could be seen watching the two men recuperate. The frame stood still for several moments, and in the bottom left hand corner of the mirror Isabella could be seen hunched over. Her head was turned too far to the right, and her limbs were intertwined within one another. Her eyes were wide and staring at her husband. Her head flung back to its upright potion, and the movement caused an old vase to fall to the floor. Instantly, Isabella was hurled forward, colliding with her husband.The two of them fell down the attic ladder, and onto the upstairs hallway. The camera landed against Timothy’s leg, and was staring at the attics descending steps. Tim’s moans could be heard, as he battled to regain his senses. In the distance, Isabella’s shape could be made out as it inched its way forward. Slowly her face became vible in the moonlight, and on all fours she twisted her head to the de like a dog.Tim’s breaths grew louder as this terrifying ght became clear, and soft whimpers could be heard as he watched her twitch forward. Shockingly, she sprang forward, running towards him on her hands and feet. Just as quickly, Timothy began to pull himself backwards, until his leg was no longer in ght. Isabella became the focal point of the frame, as her face grew larger. Swiftly she approached the camera, growling demonically. Just before she stepped over the camera, he body was pulled back. Samuel and Father Monroe began to haul her backwards.“In the name of our lord Jesus, I demand you leave this child.” The priest screamed as he pressed a crucifix into her chest.multaneously, Doctor Moore let go. A small amount of steam could be seen between his hands and her flesh.“In the lord, Jesus Christ, I cast you out!” The priest roared.Slowly, Timothy began to crawl back into the frame. Crying, he reached for his wife. Isabella’s neck began to twist, and as her head was almost facing Timothy it stopped. Her muscles were spasming with pain, as she fought to against the demon.“Timothy,” She cried. Her lips quivered in fear, and sorrow. “Watch as I take her, watch helplessly as I take her away from you, and there is nothing you can do about it.” Her voice was once again distorted.“Isabella,” Timothy yelled.With a scream of pain, Isabella’s neck was twisted completely. Tears streamed down her face as she stared into her husbands eyes. Still her body shook, and with a loud crack, her neck violently twisted even more caung the bone to pop out from beneath the flesh.* * * * *

tting in complete lence, Angelina felt the tears falling down her face. Her skin was covered in bumps, and the small hairs were standing all over her body. She fought to swallow back her fear, and lifted her hand to her mouth. Her heart ached, and she was beyond terrified. Her mind tried to comprehend what she had just watched, and as her body shook she took a look around. Resting her head on her hands she took a deep breath.

“Oh my God,” She softly cried.
JohnCorley92 Tuesday 3/19/2013 at 04:12 PM | 100443
Chapter 8 is on the way!
JohnCorley92 Monday 4/29/2013 at 05:22 AM | 100799